Klonopin to Valium but never stable and was on valium behore

[ar...]

Hi

I’m considering crossing to valium from .80 Klonopin.

I was on 6mg valium July ‘17- Jan ‘18 and the akathisia I’ve had since cts last year went severe.

They then crossed me directly to 1mg k. But I’ve had paradoxical and adverse effects on it most days. I did taper to .80

I still have v bad constant akathisia and the Klonopin can make it worse.

Should I crossover to valium? How would I do it?

I want to taper off.

I don’t know if I’d be paradoxical to a high dose of valium.

I have severe depression on the k but I know v can do that too.

Any advice? Thanks. AP x

Librium could be a possibility. It helped me. K was paradoxically to me once I hit tolerance. I am a rapid metabolizer of v and tried it any way. Didn’t like the rapid onset feeling and the short duraction of action for me.

I think K is so harsh. If you did ok on V before the C/t if it was me I would cross back to that or talk to your doc about Librium.

The Ashton Manuel has a crossover schedule you can follow.

• 2 months later...

I am no role model== having a terrible time.

I will say I was much better on K than crossing to valium and trying to get off that.  I am stuck now.

I should add am also on ambien.

Should also add that 6 wks of mirtazapine (Remeron) is what pushed me into acute while on K... that was 2 years ago.  Not stabilized since.  I don't think I am typical of much and hope you have a better time if you cross.

• 1 month later...

I am no role model== having a terrible time.

I will say I was much better on K than crossing to valium and trying to get off that.  I am stuck now.

I should add am also on ambien.

Should also add that 6 wks of mirtazapine (Remeron) is what pushed me into acute while on K... that was 2 years ago.  Not stabilized since.  I don't think I am typical of much and hope you have a better time if you cross.

Did you cross from k to v and back to k

Librium could be a possibility. It helped me. K was paradoxically to me once I hit tolerance. I am a rapid metabolizer of v and tried it any way. Didn’t like the rapid onset feeling and the short duraction of action for me.

I think K is so harsh. If you did ok on V before the C/t if it was me I would cross back to that or talk to your doc about Librium.

The Ashton Manuel has a crossover schedule you can follow.

Did you rapid or slow taper once paradoxal on K