Clonazepam from different manufacturer making me sick! Help!

[Ra...]

Im probably going to switch to the Par wafers,the are made he in the USA so hopefully they should atleast be better than china made accord.Stupid teva.My insurance is blue cross and they wont pay for them unless i get my dr to do a prior authorization on them,i think thats what its called,but goodrx has them in my area for 34 dollars for 1mg b.i.d for 30 days.So I think thats my game plan for now.

Your very welcome.I figured they would but thats what I get for thinking.My girlfriends lyrica isn't coververed by medicaid,she a paraplegic,but she gets it free from phyzer or however you spell it, through uams in little rock and thats like a 1000 bucks a month for that crap.Even on goodrx.com its still 650.00 plus.So there are programs out there,you just gotta find the needle in a stack of needles.Blessings to you I hope the best for you

onemoretry,

It’s Pfizer, and they have help to get their medications. I’m not sure how that works, but many of the biggest drug makers in the world have these programs. If you ever watch tv, there’s always some kind of statement at the end of commercials for these patented drugs that people can apply for special help if they can’t afford it, and then they give a phone number to call.

I hope the best for you too.

Im probably going to switch to the Par wafers,the are made he in the USA so hopefully they should atleast be better than china made accord.Stupid teva.My insurance is blue cross and they wont pay for them unless i get my dr to do a prior authorization on them,i think thats what its called,but goodrx has them in my area for 34 dollars for 1mg b.i.d for 30 days.So I think thats my game plan for now.

Par is a subsidiary of Endo Pharmaceuticals which has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and its US headquarters in Malvern, Pennsylvania. You can actually call then here in the US. I remember calling them myself. Most of the drugs that are made in Europe are very good, and Par does have manufacturing facilities here in the US.

Endo owns qualitest pharmaceuticals also. There are quite a few phone numbers listed to call, but it’s not really necessary. Sounds like you’ve gots things pretty well figured out. And for sure the GoodRx program is great. They can often beat the cost of using your insurance.

I’m hopeful myself of using those ODTs. My own pharmacy recommended the GoodRx program also.

And I just asked builder what he thought about those ODTs in whole milk titration since that’s what I’ve been doing for several years.

I just have never tried the vodka/water titration nor the scale. But whole milk has always worked fine with clonazepam, and builder affirmed that. He has always said that consistency of what one does is more important than accuracy, so while I’m accurate, I do want to be consistent also.

Good luck with your plan, and also for your girl friend.

Hi! With your .125 disintegrating tablets, how have you been cutting them down effectively? Do you have a scale? My doctor wanted me to jump from .125 because I was on a “low dose” (.5) for a “short time” (3 weeks before tapering) but I know my symptoms. I recently went down from .25 to .125 which was somewhat difficult but am functioning, so want to keep moving forward. Thank you!

Determined,

I don’t use a scale; doing liquid titration. Haven’t yet received these tablets.

Will most likely pick them up at the pharmacy after the pdoc gives me an Rx for them.

I admit being concerned how to handle these tablets. So many “precautions “ given with these.

But I’m going to try to make these work.

Liquid titration truly confuses the “bleep” out of me. As do all the different percentages and fractions. I really should’ve paid better attention to math in school!

The odts should work fine for liquid titration. If anything, they might work a tiny bit better, because they have a surfactant as an ingredient (that is what makes them dissolve so quickly), and surfactants have been shown to increase solubility in lab demonstrations.

As far as handling goes, I have had no issues.

The odts should work fine for liquid titration. If anything, they might work a tiny bit better, because they have a surfactant as an ingredient (that is what makes them dissolve so quickly), and surfactants have been shown to increase solubility in lab demonstrations.

As far as handling goes, I have had no issues.

waves,

I certainly hope these ODTs work fine for liquid titration.

I am using both pills and liquid for tapering. Taking 2 doses per day with first dose made up of a pill + 1/2 of another pill in liquid which is being titrated. 2nd dose is the same; pill+ other half of titrated liquid. And the liquid is whole full fat milk.

I compared the ingredients in the Par ODTs and the Teva ODTs, and both have sodium lauryl sulfate in common as the surfactant(googled examples of surfactants in pharmaceuticals). I pick Par and Teva to look at because not every pharmaceutical company makes these ODTs, but these two companies do.

As far as “handling,” I mean having ones hands completely dry, letting the tabs dissolve on your tongue or just swallowing with some water, and sealing the package of tabs back up after opening it.

I’ve never seen these tabs, and have never seen the package they come in so I don’t know what these packages look like.

My husband takes medications, and I always make sure my hands are completely dry before putting them in their pill boxes. I often use a spoon to dispense them into the pill boxes and then to put the remaining ones back into the bottle. And maybe that’s the way I should handle these.

And I have extremely high sensitivity to benzos now because I have been switched to different generics of clonazepam 5 times. And with each change, it is creating much higher sensitivity. This change to Teva clonazepam is my 6th one. I know I’ve spent more time changing generics of clonazepam and acclimating to each one than I have actually tapering clonazepam.

I’m actually pretty fed up with this entire process. I’ve never done a CT, never taken an AD or anti psychotic; nothing. I’ve just managed to taper down to 1/2 of 3 mg of Actavis clonazepam before this “muck up” of clonazepam started in the spring of this year.

So do I want these tabs to work for me? Absolutely!

By the way, builder and I had a tapering discussion about the ODTs.

My iPad doesn’t seem to want me to copy and paste that, so the title is:

“Builder, I’m having the same problem as RaquelRocks” on the Titration Taper Pans here.

I can't attest to the Teva brand, but as far as the PAR tabs go, they come in foil blister backs. There are 6 tablets to a sheet, each is sealed individually, like Sudafed. You tear the sheet apart into 6 squares, then peel the paper off the back to access the pills. So if you decide to only prepare one dose at a time, you would only have to unseal one pill a day. Super easy. I have been sensitive to switches in brand, too, and was nervous about changing to these, but I ended up having no issues. In fact I felt worlds better within a few days of switching. Hope it works as well for you.