Author Topic: Clonazepam from different manufacturer making me sick! Help!  (Read 841 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Clonazepam from different manufacturer making me sick! Help!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 07:40:10 am »
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone who has taken the time to file complaints about the Accord pills. There will never be accountability if people don't speak up, so thank you. In my experience, the Qualitest / Northstar brand has been reliable. I have now switched to the disintegrating tabs and am feeling okay so far. I recommend anyone who feels that their pharmacy isn't serving them well to switch pharmacies. Call around to see what is in stock, and ask what is available for order. The more educated the consumer becomes, the more educated the pharmacists will become, and that education must begin to inform the system. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 02:22:15 am »
So is Qualitest the next best option?Why did you switch to the dissolving tablets are they better than Qualitest?Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 03:49:45 am »
So is Qualitest the next best option?Why did you switch to the dissolving tablets are they better than Qualitest?Thank you

Qualitest Has been discontinued. The only generic makers left are actavis, accord and solco

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 08:47:20 am »
The pills previously sold under name Qualitest are now being called Northstar brand. Don't know if one company bought the other out, or what, but the Northstar pills are identical in color and markings to Qualitest, and worked well for me, at least in comparison to the Accord. To confuse things further, if you look up the markings on Drugs.com, I believe it says they are made by Sandoz, but Sandoz no longer exists, I think. So perhaps Sandoz sold out to Qualitest,  who sold to Northstar? I don't know. I can only say that my local Safeway is carrying the yellow pills, which are labeled in their system as Qualitest, but printed on the bottle says Northstar. And that they worked fine for me.

As to the disintegrating pills, I switched to them because it is the only pill that comes in a 0.125 dosage for klonopin. So far I love them. Easy to handle and cut, and I haven't noticed any new symptoms after switching. Probably not cost efficient for cash pay people, but if insurance will cover them, helpful for tapering, I think.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 06:47:04 pm »
Would your doctor consider Librium? It is working well for me. I was in clonazepam hell and feel for you.

Lithium makes me VERY ill. I was given that drug several years ago and it felt like my brain was on fire! I will not take another med.  Getting off the Clonazepam and I'm done with phyche meds!  :-\

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 12:21:39 pm »

Qualitest Has been discontinued. The only generic makers left are actavis, accord and solco

I took Solco and Solco wasnít much better than accord and Intoo went through full blown withdrawals as well. I had previoisly been taking the Actavis brand. I couldnít get it anywhere! So Iíve sweated it out for the last month and have had interdose withdrawals almost constantly. I too filed a report with the FDA about Solco not seeming to have any Clonazepam in it.

I might just ask for the brand name going forward because getting Solco
Now is proving difficult. What the hell is going on? Ugh!

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 10:55:47 pm »
Would your doctor consider Librium? It is working well for me. I was in clonazepam hell and feel for you.

Lithium makes me VERY ill. I was given that drug several years ago and it felt like my brain was on fire! I will not take another med.  Getting off the Clonazepam and I'm done with phyche meds!  :-\

Lithium and Librium are two different drugs. Hope you are doing well. Take care!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 10:57:49 pm »

I took Solco and Solco wasnít much better than accord and Intoo went through full blown withdrawals as well. I had previoisly been taking the Actavis brand. I couldnít get it anywhere! So Iíve sweated it out for the last month and have had interdose withdrawals almost constantly. I too filed a report with the FDA about Solco not seeming to have any Clonazepam in it.

I might just ask for the brand name going forward because getting Solco
Now is proving difficult. What the hell is going on? Ugh!

Solco was a nightmare for me too and made me feel acute. I am tapering Librium now which is easier than any K manufacture I have tried but still no walk in the park.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 11:04:21 pm »
I think I'm going to go brand name.If you all need help paying for it Genetech will give you brand name free if you meet the requirements. https://www.gene.com/patients/patient-foundation/apply-for-help
It sure is discouraging switching while trying to taper.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 02:06:15 am »
I think I'm going to go brand name.If you all need help paying for it Genetech will give you brand name free if you meet the requirements. https://www.gene.com/patients/patient-foundation/apply-for-help
It sure is discouraging switching while trying to taper.

[...],

I saw that you posted this link on the Teva Discontinued Group. Looks like people will have to call the phone number listed to see if klonopin is included in the medication list. I sure hope it is.

And youíre right when you say itís discouraging to be switched around while trying to taper.

Iíve been switched 5 times time now, and Iím looking at my 6th switch soon. I decided to try those disintegrating tablets first. Iíve been on actavis clonazepam 3 times now and on Sandoz clonazepam 2 times. Itís turned into a real ordeal for me.

And no matter what Teva tells anyone, actavis clonazepam is not that easy to get. They spent all summer touting it as their ďnew, officialĒ version of clonazepam, and itís certainly in their 2018 generic product catalog, but pharmacies here have pretty much given up getting it. Or I should say that their wholesalers have given up.

Now itís accord and solco and NOT actavis here.