Bulder please can you guide me as I now have some liquid diazepam. your taper?

[ch...]

Hello Builder I have ready many of your comments and would love to know the slow reduction you made. I have some liquid diazepam so that should help and I have a 100ml measuring cylinder, plus a 5 mg syringe, so hopefully I can do something with that. I cannot tolerate the cut and hold, in fact diazepam is making me ill all the time, whatever I do, and however long I hold, so all I can think is regardless I have to get off it as safely as I can and a daily slow reduction seems the best option. I noticed you said it helped you. I am yet again messed around by the medical profession who last Friday insisted I cut 1mg straight of my 4mg dose. I thought it so wrong as it might destabilise someone already feeling stable . however I am not and as said I never have been on any dose, which has never been high. I was originally a short time user and on my insistence being so unwell on it asked to taper and I did following Drs plan and got to 2.5mgs before hospital lost me nearly 2 months of taper, and now I am becoming a long term user as I have held for almost 5 weeks. All to destabilising , but as I said I have never been stabile, so to me the only way is down but carefully. I am never going to be anything but ill on this drug whatever I do.

Neeh, and going up and down etc is not helping so have to continue with the 3,5mgs I am now on regardless, No point in waiting for stability it wont happen, but I want to reduce as gently as I can so may wait a week or so then carry on down and that is why I ask your advice re getting off this poison to me, as gently as I can but not  dragging it on forever as I am not living and truly believe I wont last much past Christmas at this rate. Please could you tell me the gentle daily taper that helped you. I know I will still suffer, I have all the way through, but I can try not to shock my system too much. Any guidance would be appreciated , thanks Jen

You will probably need a 1mg and  10mg syringe.

Assuming you have the Diazepam Oral Solution (1mg=1ml) dilute the liquid with 9 parts water to each 1 part liquid V.  This makes the dilute solution .1mg per ml.  That makes the solution easier to work with, and makes the math very simple.

Here's a plan for cutting 10% over 2 weeks:

3.5mg X 10% = .35mg

.35mg/14 days = .025mg/day

Combine 30mg liquid V with 270ml water.  That gives you 300ml dilute liquid, .1mg per ml.  (That's approx a 8-10 day supply.

Schedule:

3.5mg              35ml

3.475mg          34.75ml

3.45mg            34.5ml

3.425mg          34.25ml

.34mg              34.0ml

etc....

Just lower your dose by .25ml (.025mg) each day.

I have a solution that says 2mgs diazepam in 5mls of liquid. 

I was hoping to  try by making up a smaller quantity at first in order to see how I get on, say around 100mls liquid. How would that work out if I used 2.5mls liquid which would equal 1mg of diazepam , then mixed with 97.5mls of water. How would that equate to reducing say 5% over 2 weeks. How much would I have to reduce each day to achieve that?

Sorry I am being a pest I know, but once I am sure it suits me, as liquid it seems doesn't suit everyone, then I can make a bulk dose for the week . I cannot seem to do the maths on how much to take reduce by each day to achieve that very slow reduction, and how much if it was as you said, a 10% reduction on 3.5 mgs starting dose. This big .5mg reduction from 4mgs is hitting my blood pressure hard today, day 5. Doctors get it so wrong. I do not want to go back to 4mgs though or I will yet again mess with my CNS  so hope I can ride this out. I do feel less ill on 3.5mgs, but panic is overpowering , no wonder my bp and pulse is up.

Thanks builder you are a gem

I have a solution that says 2mgs diazepam in 5mls of liquid. 

I was hoping to  try by making up a smaller quantity at first in order to see how I get on, say around 100mls liquid. How would that work out if I used 2.5mls liquid which would equal 1mg of diazepam , then mixed with 97.5mls of water. How would that equate to reducing say 5% over 2 weeks. How much would I have to reduce each day to achieve that?

1)  Then a dilution ratio of 3ml water for each 1ml of solution will still be .1mg per ml.  Try this: 35ml of your solution (14mg) + 105ml water = 140mls (.1mg per ml)

2)  Using that ratio, you can make as little or as much as you choose at any one time.

3)  Instead of reducing your dose by .25ml (.025mg) each day, reduce by .13ml (.013mg) each day.