Tip of advice for newer jumpers off benzos

[Go...]

There was one thing I read coming freshly off benzos and that was a tip of advice from a previous jumper. That was to ACCEPT the situation. It is what it is. Yes it is horrific, and yes you feel like it’s permanent, and it will always be that way. It won’t last forever and it won’t be this severe forever! My best tip of advice for you is to accept benzo wd and know that this WILL get better. Most people do heal, and although some take longer than others stay positive!

I wish I would’ve accepted it sooner because I’m proof it does get better. I am basically symptom free most of the time. My waves are mild and I’m better than before benzos for the most part’ I just want to encourage you and let you know your not alone. Feels good to have others to talk too that is going through the same adventure! 🤗☺️

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks at what dose did you jump? I was thinking of jumping at 0.5mg Valium, currently on 1mg. Holding for a couple of weeks yet.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks at what dose did you jump? I was thinking of jumping at 0.5mg Valium, currently on 1mg. Holding for a couple of weeks yet.

I jumped off at .10 but I decreased every few days. I took about a month tod rip from 1 mg if I remember right. It’s 1 year since I jumped this month.

• 3 months later...
[ee...]

There was one thing I read coming freshly off benzos and that was a tip of advice from a previous jumper. That was to ACCEPT the situation. It is what it is. Yes it is horrific, and yes you feel like it’s permanent, and it will always be that way. It won’t last forever and it won’t be this severe forever! My best tip of advice for you is to accept benzo wd and know that this WILL get better. Most people do heal, and although some take longer than others stay positive!

I wish I would’ve accepted it sooner because I’m proof it does get better. I am basically symptom free most of the time. My waves are mild and I’m better than before benzos for the most part’ I just want to encourage you and let you know your not alone. Feels good to have others to talk too that is going through the same adventure! 🤗☺️

I can't wait for that to happen to me! I just wish I could turn that corner. Am soon 16 months off and keep having these waves. Month 14 was hit by a brutal wave. It lasted 6 weeks. 14 days window function to 50% now in a new brutal wave. Function 10% to 0...just breath...😩🤯

• 2 weeks later...

Hi nomorepills,

We have very similar tapering schedule.

How are you doing now?

What is your plan about the final 0.5mg v?

4mom

Hi 4mom. I'm almost at 0.5mg now. It's been hard in that I've had WD symptoms again but these are settling. Once I stabilise at 0.5mg I will decrease a bit further then jump. I'm dry cutting 2mg tablets into 4 pieces, which obviously doesn't work out equally most of the time and crumble. I've just had to go with it. How about yourself?