Someone mind ......... me yesterday...

[Tr...]

So im almost two weeks off from a month long rapid taper im sure some of you have seen my posts/sig. Well im doing ooooooook. Still dealing with some insomnia, body aches and benzo belly. Well on another forum yesterday someone decided to tell me if i don't go back to the doctor and get back on and taper even more slowly i will have a seizure and die. Now sure anything i guess is possible and ive heard the risk MANY times before but this time and the way they said it really stuck with me and ive been in a semi panic attack ever since. They were being very aggressive to me....What are my chances i could seize still? i can't stop thinking about it...Normally i shrug this shit off but now im shook.

Edit: profanity

My understanding is that the chance of seizure from w/d has already passed.  You said two weeks have passed since being on K?  The most acute w/d part (chemically speaking) has passed.

Your chances of having a seizure at this point are very low, especially if you have no history of them.  Many do fast tapers or cold turkeys and never have a seizure.  I'm one of them. 

:smitten:

That's what i thought. My anxiety just shot up and my eye started twitching and like dominos i was freaking lol. Thanks for the reassurance.

I think you are good by your time on and taper. I  never have had a full seizure that i've noticed and Ive had lots of cold turkeys...

There is a lot of crazy stuff that you can read on different forums but don't let it influence you.

I messed myself up by listening to some terrible advice on forums that made me a lot worse. I regret going on those loose canon forums.

It is very very unlikely you would have a seizure now. They usually happen in "acute" withdrawal, the first week or two after abruptly going off benzos. I do ot think you need to worry about this now. Just focus on your current symptoms and deal with them. "A little help from your friends" here on BB should be all you need now.

east :thumbsup:

I'm doing good! Today i had a little "decaf" coffee so i feel different but no anxiety like the other day just a little tension. Everyday is like a grab bag. I never know what whacko thing i will feel. It seems like any symptoms i get are minor now and all located in the shoulders up. Mostly burning forehead and eyes. I've been taking anti histamines to sleep on and off which could be adding to some of the feelings but getting the full nights sleep in HUUUUUUUUGE! The last two days ive woken and finally felt rested and energized and the dreams are no longer vivid and intense. Healing is happening slowly but steadily! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

It is VERY unlikely you could have a seizure now. That person meant well but is not fully informed. Seizures happen during acute withdrawal, perhaps the first few weeks after going off benzos entirely. And few people have them!

Be super careful taking ANY drugs now. You need to get rid of the mind set that tells you a pill might help you. That is the sort of idea that got you into this whole mess.

The fewer pills the better, including supplements.

east