Tilt Table Test?

[Sy...]

Hi all. Has anyone had a tilt table test? My cardiologist wants to do one to see if my dizziness I sometimes get is related to the heart. I looked at pictures of the test and I'd be strapped to the table. That alone will cause my anxiety and blood pressure to rise. I seem to get dizzy when my anxiety is up. I don't know if I want to do this test. Did it turn out to be no big deal for those of you who had it done?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I had one done and it was fine. Just don’t let them do part two of the test where they object you with epinephrine (adrenaline). That will rev you up too much. The first part is fine though it’s just a very gentle incline and decline of a platform and the doc is right there with you :)

Hi all. Has anyone had a tilt table test? My cardiologist wants to do one to see if my dizziness I sometimes get is related to the heart. I looked at pictures of the test and I'd be strapped to the table. That alone will cause my anxiety and blood pressure to rise. I seem to get dizzy when my anxiety is up. I don't know if I want to do this test. Did it turn out to be no big deal for those of you who had it done?

Thanks

Hey SylviaS, I had the tilt table test, it was for dizziness.  Mine was from chronic migraines.  They drop you down really fast, and your eye lids flutter and you get dizzy as hell, but what they can tell from that is if little crystals in you ears that hang on to little hairs have come loose and are floating around in your ear canals . If that happens, when you stop moving the crystals don't and your brain registers that you are moving even though you aren't, which causes the dizziness. The good thing, it is easy , quick and painless to fix.  It's called Positional Vertgo.  Now I can't be sure we are talking about the same thing, but sure sounds like it.  Good luck!  Mary 💜