Hot and cold duality of withdrawal

[Tr...]

Throughout my taper I've had mini-seasons of either cold or warm/hot sensations in my body. These cold seasons as I call them, consist of freezing cold hands and feet, sometimes a cold energy flowing through my limbs, cold intolerance, and are accompanied by a tight-gut inner-tension agitation. When I get the warm or even hot seasons, it usually comes with this caustic-acidic poison sensation in my limbs with more nervousness, anxiety, panic, and sick in the stomach feelings. I feel like I'm about to sweat, but never do. Burning sensations on skin (face, scalp, top of hands, etc) remain in both seasons. When I "hit a wall" with my taper, and felt like I was in acute, I was in the hot season for about two months. This was when my cuts caught up to me. The rest of my taper has been a cold season. I have also been much more functional during these times, as I am cutting slower and stabilizing more.

I understand that benzo withdrawal, or any health issue is way to complex to turn into a dualistic paradigm, but I wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar. I wonder if the hot is more from excess glutamate and the cold is more from an excess of epinephrine. I think I read that somewhere. I can almost sense a patter on the cold seasons coming from my remeron withdrawal and the hot seasons from benzo withdrawal. Anyway, no way to really know just wanted to throw this out there. Interesting to think that the body can go from two patterns of extremes with two different symptom-sets during withdrawal

Oh yeah. I get this regularly still.

Most alarming/annoying is when one hand is colder/warmer than the other.

The anti-symmetry drives me up a wall.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. I get this regularly still.

Most alarming/annoying is when one hand is colder/warmer than the other.

The anti-symmetry drives me up a wall.

I thought this was only me!!!!!  My right hand is always colder than the left.  Definitely a weird thing to experience.

So strange.

RST

Yes, me too.  Sometimes, I feel very hot and sweaty and very cold w/ chills at the same time.  Now that is messed up!

I've learned, if it's weird, it's w/d.

[be...]
Feel hot mainly in my face and my arms. Tightness around my eyes. I take cold showers and noticed it may be the issue. Never the less, I think this drugs makes your nervous system to be so sensitive not only Fiscally but psychologically. :D Be anxious and monitoring ourselves all the time may create lots of sensations that didn't happen in normal times when our minds were more distracted and busy in other things.