Anxious Inklings

[va...]

Hi guys,

Not sure if you are familiar with my blog of cartoons done while going through Benzo withdrawal. If you are not here is a link:

http://anxiousinklings.com

I am in the process of creating a book for of these drawings. I have over 130. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Best,

VA :) :) :)

I love them! I think if I were to show them to family members they’d be able to relate to the feelings and thoughts conveyed. Seeing a collection and knowing my daily struggles for months on end would help them get a better idea of what I and so many others here have been/are going through.

Vaartist, I cannot survive without your drawings!!! Would you lend me some for my book I am writing? no one can ever describe in words what you are with your drawings! You understand our life so well that sometimes I find it spooky!!!!!!

Like that "fragile" one!! I just thought that day: God, I am so fragile, if something happens today I will die! and bam, in the evening I a looking up your website and see that drawing?!!!!

GET OUT OF MY MIND! -- noooooo! Please stayyyyyy ;D ;D ;D ;D

You are a genius! Thank you so  so so much..

Marigold

Thanks so much for the compliments guys! It means the world that these doodles can bring some comfort and humor!!!

Here's to healing!! :) :) :)

VA

Vaartist, I cannot survive without your drawings!!! Would you lend me some for my book I am writing? no one can ever describe in words what you are with your drawings! You understand our life so well that sometimes I find it spooky!!!!!!

Like that "fragile" one!! I just thought that day: God, I am so fragile, if something happens today I will die! and bam, in the evening I a looking up your website and see that drawing?!!!!

GET OUT OF MY MIND! -- noooooo! Please stayyyyyy ;D ;D ;D ;D

You are a genius! Thank you so  so so much..

Marigold

Thanks Marigold, you're too kind. Let me know which pieces you would want for your book.

I am still dealing with the horrible intrusive thoughts at month 16. So ready to be done with all of this!.

Best,

VA

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late in adding to this; I haven't been on BB for weeks. Each of your drawings is worth a thousand words in describing this hideous condition.  Despite what you're going through, you have a very fertile mind and your creativity is astounding.  I am very thankful for Anxious Inklings.

-Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late in adding to this; I haven't been on BB for weeks. Each of your drawings is worth a thousand words in describing this hideous condition.  Despite what you're going through, you have a very fertile mind and your creativity is astounding.  I am very thankful for Anxious Inklings.

-Jeff

Ditto. I'm rarely on here but fortunately came across a post where your site was linked. The one where you're walking and say to your dog excitingly that you might be in a window.. you only sort of feel like you're dying while there's a massive wave about to crash on you... Good stuff.

I am so glad that you are compiling your artwork into a book. 

You have such a wonderful gift of expression.

Your doodles do bring comfort and humor to us - but I can see them educating others down the road too.  I hope that, once it is published, that copies find their ways into the hands of prescribers & patients alike ... a friendly warning to stay away from the perils of these medications.

I’m sorry you are still suffering.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Not sure if you are familiar with my blog of cartoons done while going through Benzo withdrawal. If you are not here is a link:

http://anxiousinklings.com

I am in the process of creating a book for of these drawings. I have over 130. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Best,

VA :) :) :)

Hi Vaartist. I really like your artwork. A picture is worth a thousand words. What an excellent way to convey the way we feel in benzo hell.

Snowy :)

• 9 months later...
Love your work too Vaartist-it really tells it like it is and still brings a much needed smile to my face.  Thank you for sharing your drawings, and hope you have a good window very soon!

• 1 month later...