Short anonymous survey is now closed!

[pi...]

Hope76, co-director of benzoinfo.com let us know about a short anonymous survey about benzo withdrawal.  Any member can participate in the survey.  This survey is a collaboration between BIC and a benzo withdrawal survivor who also happens to be a professor at USC.

Edit: Removed Link

Thanks Colin & PG for approving this survey :)

I just completed the survey.

I do hope it some how brings some help/recognition/change for those who suffer/have suffered from benzo's.

Bella  :smitten:

Completed the survey.  I think I'm one of the worst cases on this forum and am very disabled now.  I'm so sick I could barely finish the survey.

Completed the survey.  I think I'm one of the worst cases on this forum and am very disabled now.  I'm so sick I could barely finish the survey.

I’m so sorry Becks. Thanks so much for doing it though  :smitten:

Got dementia now from these darn pills.  They've destroyed my brain and nervous system.  I wrote on the survey that I lost my appetite and thirst six years ago when I got off the pills and it's never come back.

Thanks for this survey - obviously badly needed.  (I'm surprised more research of this sort and beyond hasn't already been done.).

Just a note - I couldn't find where I could stop in the survey and pick up again later, but then I miss a lot of stuff these days in a double fog!

Now we're talking.  The only way forward in this is through science.  It's through research.  I hope everyone fills this out and takes it seriously. 

I'm at the library computer and the survey link is blocked for some reason. Any other way I can access it?

I'm not sure nony, maybe Hope76 will see this post and reply.

I'm at the library computer and the survey link is blocked for some reason. Any other way I can access it?

What do you mean by blocked? What message did you get? I can think of several things. It’s set that it can only be taken once by any given IP address, so if somebody else did the survey at that exact computer, you would get a message that you had already competed the survey. However we thought the likelihood of people taking the survey at the same library computer was small, but who knows! I’d try a different computer, and if that doesn’t work, try a different web browser. And let me know how it goes and we can try to troubleshoot! And for anyone who is wondering, those IP addresses will be stripped from the data and deleted at the end of the survey.

Took the survey.

Thanks to Hope and others that are trying to save many future people from having to go through this horrendous torture.

2trusting

Took the survey.

Thanks to Hope and others that are trying to save many future people from having to go through this horrendous torture.

2trusting

Thanks 2T! Good to see you here. Hope you are doing well.

Thank you for your efforts at putting a survey together and to BB for posting it here for members to fill out.  I need to make a couple of comments.

I filled out the survey and sent the link to another member who is in protracted withdrawal who doesn't come to BB anymore.  She is a professional woman who had to give up her prestigious job because of these drugs, who said to me that she is still brain damaged at 8 years off.  It made me think that there needs to be more columns on the survey, one for still having symptoms at *5 years and one for *10 years etc.  I can't go back to the survey to see how it's worded because I already filled it out.

Also both of us have previous experience with z-drugs as well as benzo's and we both believe that z-drugs are relatively the same as benzo's.

Thank you for hearing us.

Thank you for your efforts at putting a survey together and to BB for posting it here for members to fill out.  I need to make a couple of comments.

I filled out the survey and sent the link to another member who is in protracted withdrawal who doesn't come to BB anymore.  She is a professional woman who had to give up her prestigious job because of these drugs, who said to me that she is still brain damaged at 8 years off.  It made me think that there needs to be more columns on the survey, one for still having symptoms at *5 years and one for *10 years etc.  I can't go back to the survey to see how it's worded because I already filled it out.

Also both of us have previous experience with z-drugs as well as benzo's and we both believe that z-drugs are relatively the same as benzo's.

Thank you for hearing us.

Yes thank you Whoopsie! I appreciate you doing this. We limited it to benzos only to make things simple but I do understand Z drugs have the same issues as well. It may be something we revisit on another survey. As far as length of time, we were not able to capture every possible scenario and keep the survey succinct enough to get respondents. So we allowed for that by adding a text box at the end to let respondents write in whatever they thought was relevant! I really appreciate your feedback and willingness to participate  :smitten:

What do you mean by blocked? What message did you get? I can think of several things. It’s set that it can only be taken once by any given IP address, so if somebody else did the survey at that exact computer, you would get a message that you had already competed the survey. However we thought the likelihood of people taking the survey at the same library computer was small, but who knows! I’d try a different computer, and if that doesn’t work, try a different web browser. And let me know how it goes and we can try to troubleshoot! And for anyone who is wondering, those IP addresses will be stripped from the data and deleted at the end of the survey.

I got through to the survey when I made another attempt, a diff day. Did it, though I feel it's very inadequate. Doesn't at all describe the hell, and because I'm not so clear in the mind I didn't add enough details. I need to be asked. But I guess something is better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
Just came back to see how support group friends are doing and was glad to see this survey. I filled it out. I think every piece of information that we can provide to verified researchers can help understand benzos. Thanks. Hanna

Just came back to see how support group friends are doing and was glad to see this survey. I filled it out. I think every piece of information that we can provide to verified researchers can help understand benzos. Thanks. Hanna

Hello Hanna!!!!  Thanks for stopping in, I hope you are doing well.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

PG

Hi Pianogirl, I am doing very well. Life has improved so much since benzo withdrawal and the side effects have ended. I hope that you are well, too!!!!

I am glad that you are still doing admin work and supporting people as they move through and out of benzo withdrawal.

It was interesting to fill out the survey; so good to know that researchers are zeroing in on the side effects of these drugs. I wish there were an easy fix anxiety and sleeplessness, but no one has found it yet.

Take care, Hanna