xanax taper

[Tw...]

hi  i am currently tapering my .75 of xanax using the liquid titration method. another person on a different forum said i could take 300ml of water and dissolve my xanax in the 300ml of water and take out 3mil out a night, going 3,6,9 etc. until the 300mil would be done in 100 days.  Is this to fast of method to taper?

Hi Twig50 :smitten:

dissolve my xanax in the 300ml of water

Alprazolam is NOT soluble in water. When you use water to dissolve Xanax you might at best get benzo "suspended" in water. But water with its poor viscosity is NOT a good suspension liquid. What buddies do in those cases is to furiously stir the solution and while the whirl is at its top speed quickly draw up the wanted dose. As benzo is NOT uniformly distributed, what you end up to get in the syringe might be some benzo, much benzo or no benzo at all. In no way you will obtain the right dose. Accuracy is the big looser in the process. To overcome the problem, pharma products like Ora-Plus with a viscosity is used to suspend benzo.

The best solution however is to use Alprazolam liquid Rx (ALPRAZOLAM CONCENTRATE SOLUTION - ORAL) and add water to make up the right volume. If no liquid Rx can be prescribed then dissolve Alprazolam tablets with a solvent like Vodka so the drug changes its state from solid to liquid and when water is added get uniformly distributed in the solution.

dissolve my xanax in the 300ml of water and take out 3mil out a night, going 3,6,9 etc. until the 300mil would be done in 100 days.  Is this to fast of method to taper?

The general recommendations are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days to minimize withdrawal symptoms. As you are now on 0.75 mg/day, we are talking about 0.0075 mg max reduction/day. (0.75 x 10% / 10). When you take out 3 ml/night, provided there is the right quantity of benzo in it, that too corresponds to 0.0075 mg reduction/day (0.75/100). As you can see your reduction pace is within the recommended range but at the fast end.

How to know it was too fast? After about 2 weeks time from the cut should symptoms arise and increase instead of stabilize, that's the sign to slow down. If you want to have an idea of what slow down means from a scheduling viewpoint, have a look here: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

that is what i am doing when i discard 3mil i drink 297, 6 mil i am drinking 294 etc

I guess what builder doesn't like is the idea to discard what is unused. This is a well known statement from builder: "Suppose your doc gave you a scrip for a liquid med, and the dosing instruction was:  "Take 10 tsps the first day, then take 1 tsp less each day after that."  I'm pretty sure you would measure out and take 10 tsp day 1, measure out and take 9 tsp day 2, measure out and take 8 tsp day 3, measure out and take 7 tsp day 4, etc.  That's all a daily liquid taper is...taking a liquid med, and gradually reducing your dose."

I don't like the idea of discard either and would do the same.

Hope I answered your questions.

that is what i am doing when i discard 3mil i drink 297, 6 mil i am drinking 294 etc

I guess what builder doesn't like is the idea to discard what is unused. This is a well known statement from builder: "Suppose your doc gave you a scrip for a liquid med, and the dosing instruction was:  "Take 10 tsps the first day, then take 1 tsp less each day after that."  I'm pretty sure you would measure out and take 10 tsp day 1, measure out and take 9 tsp day 2, measure out and take 8 tsp day 3, measure out and take 7 tsp day 4, etc.  That's all a daily liquid taper is...taking a liquid med, and gradually reducing your dose."

I don't like the idea of discard either and would do the same.

Hope I answered your questions.

Its just a silly way to take any medicine.  I can't imagine anyone ever measuring out more medicine than they need, then throwing out part of  it, and drinking what was left.  Its just another example of the silliness you find on YouTube, along with a lot of other really bad advice (like "dissolving" your benzo in plain water!)  ::)