I Need Off of this

[an...]

Hello,

I'm joining this group because I truly want my life back(or else things will end).  I'm 63 years old and have been taking Serax (oxazepam) 30mg capsules/ BID.  I split them into 15mg caps and take them approximately 4 x daily.  I've been doing this for close to four years now but I started at 30 mg nightly for insomnia(2 years ago). This was increased to 60 mg BID due to daytime anxiety which was diagnosed as  "adjustment disorder" due to my recent retirement in 2015.  I've been to two psychiatrists who have prescribed a long list of antidepressants that I just couldn't tolerate.  I've tried to taper the best I can with these 30mg capsules but the best I can do is split them in half and take 45mg/daily.  This doesn't last long.  I feel stuck.  I told my doctor I'm having rebound effect due to the short acting variety but he just prescribed more.  He won't change to the longer acting Valium  because I believe he suspects I'll abuse this.  I just want off this stuff and my normal self back.  Mornings are pure hell but the day gradually improves particularly after I get busy with anything or exercise.  There's a lot more to share but I hope this describes my situation.  Thanks.

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello anxietysucksbad!

We are very glad that you found us!

Many find it difficult to taper with capsules. Check out our taper boards for alternative ways to taper smaller amounts  :thumbsup:

I would also like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

CLICK HERE > To Create a Signature < CLICK HERE for a direct link OR go to the top of the page and select >Profile< then click >Forum Profile< then insert drug history/timelines into the text box then click >Change Profile<

Wishing you a smooth & speedy taper & recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's Manual

General Taper Plans      Withdrawal Support (during your taper)  What's happening inside your brain

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days  Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video