Near end of diazepam taper help

[el...]

Hi I was just wondering if I am doing this right. I have just got down to 0.5mg diazepam and hit a bit of a wall and plan on holding for a couple of weeks till symptoms pass. I was using cut and hold technique till I got down to 1mg then started daily micro cuts of 0.01mg a day dissolving 2mg tablet in 200ml milk. I got down to about .8mg was doing ok so upped to 0.015 per day.

From peoples experiences when I start again should I continue on 0.01mg reduction everyday. Its weird as 24 hours have gone by holding and already feel better but had this when I was cutting and holding. I would make the cut then after 24 hours I would feel a lot better then the symptoms would slowly ramped up until they peaked at about day 10 then start to ease then build again then start to really ease off after about 4 weeks. So I am wondering if this will again happen now as when I hit 0.5mg started to feel those bad symptoms again.

And when I feel better should I just make the jump from 0.5mg or continue down to zero but at what pace.

If I jump what would I expect. Is it worse than throughout my taper as I am going into full withdrawal.

Hello ella1978-

From what I have read, at 1mg, Valium looses efficacy.

.5mg is the suggested "jump" point.

I jumped at .5mg V and felt no different than when I was tapering. You could continue to taper to .5mg and then take the plunge or if you are concerned perhaps taper to .25mg then jump.

Wishing you a smooth, fast recovery!

hello Ella,

I am new here and glad found yOur topic!

I wonder how you were feeling dropping doses from 1mg down to zero. Did you find any difference talking the liquid from pill?

I started Valium since August 20 th this year for muscle contraction and spasm induced by a back injury on top of the protracted WD from lexapro.

I take Valium 5 times for the total dose of 1mg daily dose. The morning dose always knock me off for couple hours right after I got up. So I am hoping I can drop the dose as faster as possible.

Congratulations to you on making it to the other side of the wall!! I hope your landing is smooth and safe and continuous healing for full recovery soon!

4 mom

And when I feel better should I just make the jump from 0.5mg or continue down to zero but at what pace.

If I jump what would I expect. Is it worse than throughout my taper as I am going into full withdrawal.

Wait, you're going through full withdrawal symptoms right now? Full withdrawal sent me to the ER after not having my Klonopin for 24 hours. It felt like my chest was caving in and I was going to die!

hello Ella,

I am new here and glad found yOur topic!

I wonder how you were feeling dropping doses from 1mg down to zero. Did you find any difference talking the liquid from pill?

I started Valium since August 20 th this year for muscle contraction and spasm induced by a back injury on top of the protracted WD from lexapro.

I take Valium 5 times for the total dose of 1mg daily dose. The morning dose always knock me off for couple hours right after I got up. So I am hoping I can drop the dose as faster as possible.

Congratulations to you on making it to the other side of the wall!! I hope your landing is smooth and safe and continuous healing for full recovery soon!

4 mom

Hi, you need to start taking it once a day preferably due to its long half life. It will take time for your body to adjust to once a day.

It wasn't too bad dropping to 0.5mg but I am still holding as symptoms started to feel quite bad. I am the same as you I want to be off this stuff as soon as possible but I think you can either carry on dropping slowly which will just take forever as percentage just increases rapidly as you lower or just make the jump. Yes its not going to be the best time in the world but I you are not going to start fully healing till you are off it.  its just a grit your teeth thing and pray its not too bad.

Thank you ella so much for your kindest response and great advice!

I just started the transition to one single dose by bed time. So skipped the morning dose. Took the first dose round noon without the coma like effects. Will see how it goes for the rest of the day

Reading my journey again, I found i got very unwell ever since I started valium only I was so drugged not able to see it. Now I feel I had severe reaction to valium the whole time, as each time I drop the dose, I got better in one way or the other.

Glad to hear your drop down from 1 to 0 was not too bad. I may just fast taper down as well especially giving my paradoxical reaction.

Hope you are doing well and I'm looking forward to hearing more great update from you@

Hugs,

4mom

Hi I was just wondering if I am doing this right. I have just got down to 0.5mg diazepam and hit a bit of a wall and plan on holding for a couple of weeks till symptoms pass. I was using cut and hold technique till I got down to 1mg then started daily micro cuts of 0.01mg a day dissolving 2mg tablet in 200ml milk. I got down to about .8mg was doing ok so upped to 0.015 per day.

From peoples experiences when I start again should I continue on 0.01mg reduction everyday. Its weird as 24 hours have gone by holding and already feel better but had this when I was cutting and holding. I would make the cut then after 24 hours I would feel a lot better then the symptoms would slowly ramped up until they peaked at about day 10 then start to ease then build again then start to really ease off after about 4 weeks. So I am wondering if this will again happen now as when I hit 0.5mg started to feel those bad symptoms again.

I would resume cutting at 0.01ml per day. The slower you go the less symptoms you may have. Many people heal during a slow daily microtaper. I have gotten better the lower I get and I have very few symptoms now ( I had alot for the 1st year and 1/2 of my taper). I am at 0.54mg of valium per day and I intend to taper right down to zero. I want to give myself the best chance to get off healed or as close to healed as possible