Walking

[Mi...]

I am beginning a titration soon and refuse to stay in the house during the day unless I have to. Been down the titration road before. Did it wrong and was bedridden for a long time. My question is that I live in hot weather  all the time. In the eighties and higher, sometimes very dry and sometimes humid. How much can I walk.  I am at a 5000 ft altitude in the Sierra Madre mountains in Mexico. I have lived here for 6 months and I have adjusted to the altitude but the sun even on a cool day beats down on me. Basically, I know I have to take it slow but is walking a good way to help in titration. I will always carry a litre of water with me and now drink 4 litres a day of water.

I would start with 10 to 15 minutes of moderate walking few times a week, and see how your body responds.  If all goes well, I would gradually increase it to 30 minutes daily, with room for adjustment if necessary.

I did throughout my taper.  I had to to get myself out of the house and maintain muscle.  I walked in 95+ degree weather and made it.  I sweated terribly and it took me awhile to work up a good long walk.  As long as you take it easy and use the usual precautions (stay hydrated, use sun protection, don't overexert), I don't see why there would be any problems.  I should mention I was active when I was younger and throughout my 20s but in my 30s I became terribly unhealthy mostly due to the meds and alcohol.  The walking and now swimming I'm doing is saving my life and I believe has made my w/d easier.  I can't really spell out how since it was hell in every aspect but I know my walking made a positive difference.