I think I may have got it at last, thanks to Diaz Pam link

[ch...]

I have the distinct feeling that in my worst moments I may have exasperated  one or two buddies. I think because I have aske for help and not understood and mostly because I have said I am old. which I am and proud of it. I am at least old enough to be their mother, though many until this problem have thought me many years younger. Anyway not to annoy or go off track, I went to another site for help being a bit upset, which gave a link to Diaz pam's taper schedule, and at last I think I understand it. I have sent for some 10mg syringes and a 100ml. lab measuring cylinder. I have some almond milk as I don't drink cows milk or alcohol . and all I need are a couple of clean glasses to divide my daily dose reducing liquid. As she gives the amounts and number of days to go down 1mg. the speed us up to you, so the lower you go the slower you go in my view. As I am on 4mgs diaz for the last 3 weeks or so, and now been on this diazepam for 6 months, I need to get a move on. I have never been stable on any dose, so no point in waiting for stability as it wont happen, and the problem will never go, so very slowly but surely is what I intend. I am waiting for the items to arrive by mid week, so decided that the first cut will be a dry cut, taking off .5mgs as this is not too far off the 10% reduction to start with and will hold on this for 2 weeks or till as stable as I am going to be, then I am going to go down following Diaz Pam's charts at perhaps 3ml per  day  from 100ml/1mg dilution  daily reduction, then even slower to 2ml/100 reduction, but will alter this depending on how I react, and hold if necessary. I am determined to get off this and as safely as I can. I know I am not young and I am super sensitive to this drug that has never suited me from the start, but it still is not too long a time, nor too high a dose that it is not doable. I know I cannot stay on hold much longer as too much time has been wasted already, and I am not improving by holding. I have no life at the moment anyway, and I doubt things will improve by holding longer.  My only other option is to vastly increase the dose and that is not about to happen. I hope this is a good plan. It's the best I can come up with. Any views on this . Not meaning to offend Jim, or Builder, but the chart plan you fill in I could not follow. Benzo brain.. and Builder, I see so many kind answers you give, but I see all these numbers and % and times and numbers of pills for dilutions. It scares me. Also I am on a restricted number of tablets issued each week by my GP. i.e.  14  2mg tablets. I have to speak to the doctor, then phone the pharmacy to be delivered, and signed for. so I dare not make a mistake with even one  tablet. I wouldn't mind but they put me on this poison to begin with. I would love to make larger batches, but one mistake and I am down on my weekly dose.If you have a better plan that is simple to follow low risk mistake, I would be eternally grateful. but I have come up with the best I  can via, someone on your site. Of  course I do look upon you both as the experts, just cannot follow all the advice given to others and large number of pills.. thanks again Jen 

• 3 weeks later...
I am happy you found something you feel you can understand and may work for you. Keep in mind the Ashton Manuel is to fast for many people and 10% can be a big cut for someone who is not stable on the medication. Sometimes it’s best to start small and if tolerable increase your rate. Best wishes.

Thank you for that advice, I will heed it well. I am open to minor alterations in speed of reduction but will not go up again, no matter the symptoms. The liquid Valium for now is giving me the opportunity to take small cuts, much smaller than cut and hold. I realise that people struggle in the lower numbers and that is when the DMLT comes in, At the moment I am just getting used to the liquid, and using it. I do not want to make a mistake this time because this is it, I am tapering till off and no going back. I need to be working from a clean slate.

Yes Diaz Pam's taper plan looks simple, working off the same regular daily drop, that being based on the number of days you choose to drop 1mg rather than percentages which I cannot get my head round. The less shock to the system the better.. Also I really am convinced that you need to keep continueing the taper below .5mgs and during the day I take .5mgs in the morning. The same in the afternoon to make sure I get myself past the front door in order to work on my agoraphobia. The remaining 2mg plus at night. I know that the .5mg has an effect, whatever they say about it not being a therapeutic dose., and it's definitely not a placebo effect.

Thanks again for the reply