Extremely short time user group (situational users)

[Su...]

I’d like to start off with medication is not my thing. I’ve always been scared of medication. I had hydrocodone one time for an incident I was vomiting for hours. I was hospitalized and was pumped up with dilaudid for an infection while pregnant came home completely sick for a MONTH because of that stuff. Also made me vomit. Got a shot of Versed in the hospital and my head was messed up for weeks. So it’s safe to say medicine and I don’t mix. I am ultra sensitive. Now my latest medicine melt down is benzos. I took a high dose for two weeks back in July it is late October and I’m still messed up. I am trying to connect with people who has been on benzo between 2-4 weeks. Who got messed up pretty bad. I feel hopeless thank you! :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm longer than 2-4 weeks, but I consider myself "short term".  I was prescribed .5 Ativan on 12/8/17 and only took it until February 26th, but in February I only took it about every 3 days.

I just past my 9 month mark.  I truly don't have doubts that Ativan caused a great deal of what I "initially" went through.  But at this point I'm either healing, or I'm healed but now have developed a pretty bad anxiety disorder.  I was way overstressed before all of this.  I was "uptight".  But, no matter how stressed I was before I wasn't like THIS.  I could function (highly).  I ran a business.  I ran a household.  Now I walk around the house wondering what to do with myself.  I just can't get my brain to click back in.

Those around me say it's depression/anxiety.

I don't know what to believe.

I can't just sit around and wait to "heal"... but what are the options?  None.

Scariest place I've ever been in my life.

I took around 25 nasty pills over the course of 10 days. Benzos and Ssri mixed.

It didn’t agree with me to say the least.

I had anxiety before this, even pretty strong (with mild dizziness and DR for some days) but I never felt the loss of self like now.

I went to pretty horrific W/D after i ct’ed, to worst flu you could ever imagine, probably close to seizure, had to reinstate for a couple of days then I just couldn’t tolerate this crap in my body anymore.

Now it’s almost 3 months off, I was more functional the 1st month and a half, even went working but now it seems my head is too fragile for extended periods outside the house, strong head pressure, running thoughts, sound sensitivity etc... But being at home begins to feel really bad too.

I try to be patient and repeat that my head has an injury and has to heal but i’m scared to lose myself in the process, I don’t recognize my old self anymore. This is my biggest fear.

The positive is that I don’t wake up in panic in the middle of the night anymore, I’m more calm through acceptance and in the evening i have some really slight glimpse of old self, but really slight and this don’t last.

Everybody reacts differently to each medication, never was heavily medicated in the past either.

I think I was already in a sensibilized state with my anxiety but now it’s clearly another beast I have to deal with. Like a reset of the brain. I just hope this state of shock will not last too long and provoke new mental problems.

There are some pretty nice success stories from short timers by the way, I like this one

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=115290.0

you can read his post history, he had also some pretty horrific mental sxs as well.

Hoping for fast recovery for all, short and long term users,

Peace.

3weejs 1 mg if Ativan for muscle pain at night. 19 pills to be exact. Cold turkey cause nobody thought it would matter. First night couldn’t close my eyes felt like fireworks. Then nausea panic anxiety vertigo insomnia. Now 7 weeks later have anxiety milder sleep is better but not great inner shaking persists usually at night. And the worst is a sore tongue sometimes burning swollen feeling and sores on dude. Feels like I can’t relax my tongue. Have to work they it all since u started a new job. Two small kids etc.

My doc doesn’t know what to say.

I think the cold turkey has exasperated symptoms and time.

Anybody have a sore tongue or mouth?

Crazy this all.