Titration for dumbs have liquid klonopin

[bo...]

Hi I take  klonopin 0.5 in pill form  and have klonopin liquid for taper I need help

thxs,  Someone told me BB can set up a plan for me i would appreciate it :smitten:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [bu...]

• [Be...]

• [or...]

Hi I take  klonopin 0.5 in pill form and have klonopin liquid for taper I need help

thxs,  Someone told me BB can set up a plan for me i would appreciate it :smitten:

Is this the 2.5mg/ml Rx solution, or a compounded liquid?  If compounded, we need to know the mgs/ml ratio, and the base liquid (PG, oil, OraPlus, etc?)

It's the 2.5mg /ml  solution  drops

Dilute each ml (2.5mg) with 24mls water.  That gives you dilted solution with a very convenient .1mg per ml ratio.  I always recommend making approx a 10-14 day supply, so I would combine 2ml (5mgs) with 48ml water.  You then have 50 mls of .1mg per ml solution (approx a 10-12 day supply)

Making a taper plan is really simple.  Choose a taper rate (percentage per time frame), and simply divide that into daily reductions.  For example:

10% over 15 days

.5mg X 10% = .05mg

.05mg/15 days = .0033mg ( round down to .003mgs/day)

Since your liquid will be .1mg per ml, your daily schedule will be:

.5mg          5ml

.497mg      4.97ml

.494mg      4.94ml

.491mg      4.91ml

etc.....

Just lower your dose by .03ml  (.003mg) each day.

Thank you so much!! I just moved homes and have some stress(Anxiety) as i understand its not good to start in a stress mode. I'm I correct?

Btw I also take celexa 5mg but that is soluble and take in liquid anyway.

I'm debating  whether to start tapering the AD  so I don't have the effect later as its stimulating...

Regarding the solution, 5 drops of  klonopin = .5mg so if you say 2ml = 20 drops

so I would do everything with a syringe no need for a cylinder. and  a glass jar?

dropping everyday  .03ml  3 little black lines from the syringe, sorry Im just being  cautious.  so it would take me more or less 5 months give or take  unless I hold.

Also I was  told for a smooth switch to liquid some do part pill part solution in the beginning , do you know how to do that?

Hope i'm not  annoying...  :idiot:

1) To avoid confusion, and to insure consistency, I would ignore the "dropper" and rely in your syringe for all measurements.

2) Since your current dose is .5mg, and your tablets are .5mg, it's kinda hard to do a tablet/liquid combo.  And IMO, all of those concerns about switching to liquid are grossly exaggerated.  It's the same med,  and when you swallow a tablet, it becomes liquid in a matter of seconds anyway, so what could be different?

I learned to do liquid microtaper on the old BDR board.  Everyone on that board was doing a liquid taper, and no one ever said anything about having a problem switching to liquid.

I just realized I made a mistake, you meant 2ml (5mg)...

so i would drop  5mg from the dropper into the syringe,

what type of syringe do I need  because  forgive my ignorance and brain.

but when we speak of  4.97, 4.94 ml  how do I calculate such dose I have a syringe  and its divided by .5ml .

thxs

Since I gave you the formula to make a .1mg per ml solution, the easiest way to measure/dose is with  1ml and 10ml oral syringes.  To measure, for example, 4.97ml, you would extract 4ml with the 10ml syringe, and .97ml with the 1ml syringe.

just to clarify: 2.5mg  is 25 drops  accordingly to the dropper  so

the solution is 25 drops in 24 ml of water  x 2 to make it double.

thxs for your help and patience!

just to clarify: 2.5mg  is 25 drops  accordingly to the dropper  so

the solution is 25 drops in 24 ml of water  x 2 to make it double.

thxs for your help and patience!

Yes.

It's the 2.5mg /ml  solution  drops

Dilute each ml (2.5mg) with 24mls water.  That gives you dilted solution with a very convenient .1mg per ml ratio.  I always recommend making approx a 10-14 day supply, so I would combine 2ml (5mgs) with 48ml water.  You then have 50 mls of .1mg per ml solution (approx a 10-12 day supply)

Making a taper plan is really simple.  Choose a taper rate (percentage per time frame), and simply divide that into daily reductions.  For example:

10% over 15 days

.5mg X 10% = .05mg

.05mg/15 days = .0033mg ( round down to .003mgs/day)

Since your liquid will be .1mg per ml, your daily schedule will be:

.5mg          5ml

.497mg      4.97ml

.494mg      4.94ml

.491mg      4.91ml

etc.....

Just lower your dose by .03ml  (.003mg) each day.

My doctor also recommended I take the oral solution of klonopin. How do I find a syringe that  has that small of a graduation marked on the syringe.. I haven't found any links. Also, what are your thoughts on this method vs the mortar and pestle crushing method. Are there differences in absorption etc.? Thank you in advance

My doctor also recommended I take the oral solution of klonopin. How do I find a syringe that  has that small of a graduation marked on the syringe.. I haven't found any links. Also, what are your thoughts on this method vs the mortar and pestle crushing method. Are there differences in absorption etc.? Thank you in advance

Most pharmacies will have them (ofter free), and they are readily available on Amazon.  a 1ml tuberculin syringe will have 100 graduations (.01ml), and a 1ml insulin syringe will have 50 graduations (.02ml). Either will work!  On an insulin syringe, the .01ml values are between the .02ml lines.

Unless you have coated tablets (unlikely) that won't readily breakdown in liquid, there is no advantage in crushing them.  Once the tablet begins to break down, the K will readily dissolve.

Remember, the objective of a daily taper is NOT making precise cuts, its objective is making gradual cuts.  Don't get hung up on mechanics and precision, its not really important.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  for now  I  have found  a syringe of 2.5ml were I live... would that also be work for my titration... there is an insulin syringe but its with the needle connected

thxs, appreciate advice

Hi  for now  I  have found  a syringe of 2.5ml were I live... would that also be work for my titration... there is an insulin syringe but its with the needle connected

thxs, appreciate advice

Yeah, you can probably use that.  Anything that will let you measure the quantities in my chart will work.

But a 1ml and 10ml will be much easier.  Readily available from Amazon.

I guess  I could use the  1ml with the very small needle if I dont find one, as I dont live in the US

amazon may take forever

Any device that will let you measure the appropriate doses will work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 1ml syringe  its divide by by  5mml, 5 lines between each  division

10.....20 so on.  so it will be  a bit tricky to get lets say 0.97 ? is that the usual

measurement ?

I guess I will have to eyeball it a bit...

any advice?

thxs

I have the 1ml syringe  its divide by by  5mml, 5 lines between each  division

10.....20 so on.  so it will be  a bit tricky to get lets say 0.97 ? is that the usual

measurement ?

I guess I will have to eyeball it a bit...

any advice?

thxs

No problem.  Your syringe is graduated in .02ml increments.  The .01 increments are the space  between the marks.

Don't worry about tiny inaccuracies, they will be self-cancelling.

At the end it was difficult  to use the 1ml Syringe  because  of the tiny needle didn't  bump the water correctly  so I'm back to the  2.5ml.  So will have to use the. 0.5 measurement  twice  and again  how will it be accurate . 97,. 93 etc

Will this be fine?

At the end it was difficult  to use the 1ml Syringe  because  of the tiny needle didn't  bump the water correctly  so I'm back to the  2.5ml.  So will have to use the. 0.5 measurement  twice  and again  how will it be accurate . 97,. 93 etc

Will this be fine?

Why are you using a syringe with the needle ???

1)  Again, a long as you can measure the liquid, it doesn't matter what device or method you use.

2)  An oral syringe (no needle) is a more appropriate tool.

1)  Again, a long as you can measure the liquid, it doesn't matter what device or method you use.

2)  An oral syringe (no needle) is a more appropriate tool.

[/quot

Will this be fine?

Your right better without the needle, thxs Builder!

the needle was because they only sale insulin needles with the needle included no way of detaching...   

There are plenty of syringes to choose from on Amazon. Without the needle. That's where I bought mine. Just type "syringe 1 ml no needle" into the search box. I just did and found dozens. Low price was about $8 for 12, I think.

I know this is all new and confusing . . . but hang in there.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Your right better without the needle, thxs Builder!

the needle was because they only sale insulin needles with the needle included no way of detaching... 

Not correct.  Oral type insulin syringes (.01 graduations) are readily available without a needle.