Author Topic: Titration for dumbs have liquid klonopin  (Read 1324 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Titration for dumbs have liquid klonopin
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 05:18:08 pm »
just to clarify: 2.5mg  is 25 drops  accordingly to the dropper  so
the solution is 25 drops in 24 ml of water  x 2 to make it double.

thxs for your help and patience!

Yes.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 07:58:03 pm »
It's the 2.5mg /ml  solution  drops

Dilute each ml (2.5mg) with 24mls water.  That gives you dilted solution with a very convenient .1mg per ml ratio.  I always recommend making approx a 10-14 day supply, so I would combine 2ml (5mgs) with 48ml water.  You then have 50 mls of .1mg per ml solution (approx a 10-12 day supply)

Making a taper plan is really simple.  Choose a taper rate (percentage per time frame), and simply divide that into daily reductions.  For example:

10% over 15 days

.5mg X 10% = .05mg
.05mg/15 days = .0033mg ( round down to .003mgs/day)

Since your liquid will be .1mg per ml, your daily schedule will be:

.5mg          5ml
.497mg      4.97ml
.494mg      4.94ml
.491mg      4.91ml
etc.....

Just lower your dose by .03ml  (.003mg) each day.

My doctor also recommended I take the oral solution of klonopin. How do I find a syringe that  has that small of a graduation marked on the syringe.. I haven't found any links. Also, what are your thoughts on this method vs the mortar and pestle crushing method. Are there differences in absorption etc.? Thank you in advance
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:09 pm »

My doctor also recommended I take the oral solution of klonopin. How do I find a syringe that  has that small of a graduation marked on the syringe.. I haven't found any links. Also, what are your thoughts on this method vs the mortar and pestle crushing method. Are there differences in absorption etc.? Thank you in advance

Most pharmacies will have them (ofter free), and they are readily available on Amazon.  a 1ml tuberculin syringe will have 100 graduations (.01ml), and a 1ml insulin syringe will have 50 graduations (.02ml). Either will work!  On an insulin syringe, the .01ml values are between the .02ml lines.

Unless you have coated tablets (unlikely) that won't readily breakdown in liquid, there is no advantage in crushing them.  Once the tablet begins to break down, the K will readily dissolve.

Remember, the objective of a daily taper is NOT making precise cuts, its objective is making gradual cuts.  Don't get hung up on mechanics and precision, its not really important.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 01:59:21 pm »
Hi  for now  I  have found  a syringe of 2.5ml were I live... would that also be work for my titration... there is an insulin syringe but its with the needle connected

thxs, appreciate advice

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 02:13:29 pm »
Hi  for now  I  have found  a syringe of 2.5ml were I live... would that also be work for my titration... there is an insulin syringe but its with the needle connected

thxs, appreciate advice

Yeah, you can probably use that.  Anything that will let you measure the quantities in my chart will work.

But a 1ml and 10ml will be much easier.  Readily available from Amazon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 03:47:49 pm »
I guess  I could use the  1ml with the very small needle if I dont find one, as I dont live in the US
amazon may take forever

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 03:58:38 pm »
I guess  I could use the  1ml with the very small needle if I dont find one, as I dont live in the US
amazon may take forever

Any device that will let you measure the appropriate doses will work.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 05:43:44 pm »
I have the 1ml syringe  its divide by by  5mml, 5 lines between each  division
 10.....20 so on.   so it will be  a bit tricky to get lets say 0.97 ? is that the usual
measurement ?

I guess I will have to eyeball it a bit...

any advice?
thxs

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 08:22:18 pm »
I have the 1ml syringe  its divide by by  5mml, 5 lines between each  division
 10.....20 so on.   so it will be  a bit tricky to get lets say 0.97 ? is that the usual
measurement ?

I guess I will have to eyeball it a bit...

any advice?
thxs

No problem.  Your syringe is graduated in .02ml increments.  The .01 increments are the space  between the marks.

Don't worry about tiny inaccuracies, they will be self-cancelling.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 03:01:40 pm »
At the end it was difficult  to use the 1ml Syringe  because  of the tiny needle didn't  bump the water correctly  so I'm back to the  2.5ml.  So will have to use the. 0.5 measurement  twice  and again  how will it be accurate . 97,. 93 etc

Will this be fine?