Author Topic: Titration for dumbs have liquid klonopin  (Read 1513 times)

[Buddie]

Titration for dumbs have liquid klonopin
« on: October 19, 2018, 06:49:51 pm »
Hi I take  klonopin 0.5 in pill form  and have klonopin liquid for taper I need help

thxs,  Someone told me BB can set up a plan for me i would appreciate it :smitten:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Titration for dumbs have liquid klonopin
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 08:56:40 pm »
Hi I take  klonopin 0.5 in pill form and have klonopin liquid for taper I need help

thxs,  Someone told me BB can set up a plan for me i would appreciate it :smitten:

Is this the 2.5mg/ml Rx solution, or a compounded liquid?  If compounded, we need to know the mgs/ml ratio, and the base liquid (PG, oil, OraPlus, etc?)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 12:43:35 am »
It's the 2.5mg /ml  solution  drops

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 03:01:31 pm »
It's the 2.5mg /ml  solution  drops

Dilute each ml (2.5mg) with 24mls water.  That gives you dilted solution with a very convenient .1mg per ml ratio.  I always recommend making approx a 10-14 day supply, so I would combine 2ml (5mgs) with 48ml water.  You then have 50 mls of .1mg per ml solution (approx a 10-12 day supply)

Making a taper plan is really simple.  Choose a taper rate (percentage per time frame), and simply divide that into daily reductions.  For example:

10% over 15 days

.5mg X 10% = .05mg
.05mg/15 days = .0033mg ( round down to .003mgs/day)

Since your liquid will be .1mg per ml, your daily schedule will be:

.5mg          5ml
.497mg      4.97ml
.494mg      4.94ml
.491mg      4.91ml
etc.....

Just lower your dose by .03ml  (.003mg) each day.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 04:14:31 pm »
Thank you so much!! I just moved homes and have some stress(Anxiety) as i understand its not good to start in a stress mode. I'm I correct?

Btw I also take celexa 5mg but that is soluble and take in liquid anyway.
I'm debating  whether to start tapering the AD  so I don't have the effect later as its stimulating...

Regarding the solution, 5 drops of  klonopin = .5mg so if you say 2ml = 20 drops
so I would do everything with a syringe no need for a cylinder. and  a glass jar?
dropping everyday  .03ml  3 little black lines from the syringe, sorry Im just being  cautious.  so it would take me more or less 5 months give or take  unless I hold.

Also I was  told for a smooth switch to liquid some do part pill part solution in the beginning , do you know how to do that?

Hope i'm not  annoying...  :idiot:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 05:17:24 pm »
1) To avoid confusion, and to insure consistency, I would ignore the "dropper" and rely in your syringe for all measurements.

2) Since your current dose is .5mg, and your tablets are .5mg, it's kinda hard to do a tablet/liquid combo.  And IMO, all of those concerns about switching to liquid are grossly exaggerated.  It's the same med,  and when you swallow a tablet, it becomes liquid in a matter of seconds anyway, so what could be different?

I learned to do liquid microtaper on the old BDR board.  Everyone on that board was doing a liquid taper, and no one ever said anything about having a problem switching to liquid.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 07:04:46 pm »
I just realized I made a mistake, you meant 2ml (5mg)...
so i would drop  5mg from the dropper into the syringe,
what type of syringe do I need  because  forgive my ignorance and brain.
but when we speak of  4.97, 4.94 ml  how do I calculate such dose I have a syringe  and its divided by .5ml .

thxs

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 08:20:01 pm »
Since I gave you the formula to make a .1mg per ml solution, the easiest way to measure/dose is with  1ml and 10ml oral syringes.  To measure, for example, 4.97ml, you would extract 4ml with the 10ml syringe, and .97ml with the 1ml syringe.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 05:46:03 am »
ah ok didn't know that was available, 1mg syringe. 

thxs  for your help!

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 04:44:09 pm »
 just to clarify: 2.5mg  is 25 drops  accordingly to the dropper  so
the solution is 25 drops in 24 ml of water  x 2 to make it double.

thxs for your help and patience!