Describe your anxiety

[...]

4 months off all the anxiety came in evengence..I get adrenaline rush, chest tightness, throat tightness, elevated HR/BP.....feel like i'm gonna pass out, over breathing, week arms, tingleing in my ankle, warm skin sensations......Raceing obessive thought, chills......Fear.....NOt fun

Can';t wait until i'm healed and it's all behind me... :-\

I could never go for a walk if it was hot outside...That would effect me because i cant take the heat..

I have to have total silence in my room to sleep door closed so cat doesn't come in....My husband has his own room i have mine....He snores really bad and tosses alot and it wakes me up...Hes fine with separate rooms....I have used a fan at night for hot flashes and sweats at night and it helped with any noise from his tv,but lately I'm finding i cant use the fan now, its like to much stimulation or something so i keep the thermosate set low on the reconditioning......actually i haven't been getting the sweats at night now and hot flashes are better.Maybe you could where ear plugs which i have had to do that in the past at times when dd and hubby lived with us.Oh black out curtians on windows so if i need to sleep in the light wont effect me..Just got some 3 months ago....Love them.....Tried the eye mask and it bothered me.

My anxiety issues come from stressing over my kids and grandkids.....It was always something not good with one of them and i would worry and fret all the time....It got to the point where one day i just said i CANT do this anymore and just let go.It was a huge load off me for sure....I know when i start to stress about my kids i have to remind myself stop let go, it will all work out they have there own path to go down in life to learn lessons and its all good....One thing that i struggle with tho with  my 5 yr grandaughter, were close and she is hyper and in to everything. My daughter yells at her SO much its just sad I had my moments to at yelling but not any more...I have tried to tell my daughter to feed her better foods organic and get her off sugar,eat more veggies well she finally got her off most sugar so that's good but if i want her to drink organic milk i will have to buy it as they cant afford it..We cant either but i will cut back on something so she gets that...The hormones in milk might be causing her hyperness..I fret over  stuff like this.My son is in afganistan working for military and at first i was terrified now i just believe he WILL be safe....If something did happen it was his time and hope i could deal with it.He gets to come home every 3 months for 2 wks so thats wonderful.

The united states is in BAD shape and i believe we need to get back to basics in many ways like outlaw pesticides and hormones in meat and dairy....I have been so passionate about this for yrs but never have done anything about it....I'm hoping the day will come when i can get petitions going for people to sign to try and get this on the ballot,sounds like, ya right like that will do any good ,but hey you have to start somewhere and its time is coming......CNN reporter sanjay Gupta did a 2 or 3 part series on toxic america a few months ago i only caught part of 1 and it talked about the pestasides in the air we breath and how hormones and pestasides could be whats making our kids sick and having add and ahad.So i say its time to clean up mother earth!

Btw, some of our withdrawl stuff is probley from the hormones and pesticides in the food and air.Just my thoughts..I also believe all of us who needed benzos are very sensitive to begin with i know i am i feel other people emotions i used to say its like i am a sponge that was the only way i could describe it i also am intuitive and no lie and i have had it validated to prove i was not crazy 4 people i know who have passed away have come to me and talked....I hear what they say threw thoughts.....Its been a couple yrs since i had a visit, but i thought the first time i was crazy for sure...Being sensitive can also give us anxiety.We need to learn how to know whats are stuff and what is coming from other people,which is tricky.I havnt mastered that yet.

My anxiety starts early in the morning as soon as I wake - shaking all over and sometimes crying.  Sometimes a jolt of adrenaline will surge up into my chest and then I break out in a sweat and the bottom of my feet burn (weird)  During the day, if my anxiety kicks up I get Sweats and then cold sometimes also.  When it is really bad, I can't eat, rapid chest breathing and dry mouth.  As the day goes on, I calm down (some days better than others) and feel more calm at night. Distractions, like computer, also help.  By night time when I am ready to go to bed, I am as calm as a cucumber (I think that's supposed to be cool as a cucumber, oh well) and I hate to go to bed.  I am really enjoying myself then.  I notice

thought, even if I am calm at night and am on my computer and something doesn't go right, the frustration causes the anxiety to kick up and I

start the shallow breathing again.  I guess I always was a somewhat nervous person, but never had real anxiety until 1993 when I had a heart operation - anxiety reigned, but then I overcame it and now here it is back again in full force.  I hope when I am off my K, it will go away and that

it doesn't become my lifetime companion.  It's very uncomfortable!

• 2 weeks later...
the question of the day...I just read it and would def love to hear replies" Has anyones anxiety gone away after the benzos? Especially amongst those who took them for it to begin with. The w/d process is amping mine up so that I can't imagine it ever going away....like it is adding a whole new disorder on top of the one I came in with.....sigh

the question of the day...I just read it and would def love to hear replies" Has anyones anxiety gone away after the benzos? Especially amongst those who took them for it to begin with. The w/d process is amping mine up so that I can't imagine it ever going away....like it is adding a whole new disorder on top of the one I came in with.....sigh

Yes my anxiety has gone away. I had Lyme disease which effected my heart,which put me in panic mode 2 hours at a time. I was in the hospital (ER), cardiologist, atleast twice a week before being put on benzos. The benzos cured it, but the panic attacks did return while on benzos. I remember taking 3mg of K, and at the ER in a full blown panic attack, thinking, I took the k and I still feel like I'm haveing heart attack, low pulse, dizzy, tingling, head band etc....

As for a panic attacks returning after K, this has not. I have felt panicky a few times, but nothing to really talk about in the last 4-5 months in my benzo days.

PS

I posted this on my blog, and found it funny. I can sorta relate to this, but this is more of a humorous impression of what I would of went through. I wouldn't of called the doc, I would of been laying in front of his office, in the parking lot at 8 am.  :laugh:

[8c...]

To describe my anxiety would be like... one foot on the edge of a cliff and the other on the ground...

me looking down at a highway below.

Keryn.

I honestly can't even describe my anxiety, it's totally consumed my life. I'm afraid of everything. The anxiety that bothers me the most is regarding health issues and death. When I have bad days I feel like I can't breathe, I'm dizzy, my stomach gets sick, I shake and I'm moody.

Anxiety is a terrible thing!!

My anxiety is almost exactly like Undawg's - can't keep my mind off the bad thoughts - I shake outside and tremble inside and crying all the time.

It definitely controls my life - horrible

Do anyone still have anxiety 24-7 , the only time mine calms down is when I go to bed , is it common to have it ALL DAY LONG !!!! have anyone have that , I kniow it takes recovery 6 weeks + to recover but having anxiety all day log is freaking me out , it doesn't even feel like theres a window coming  :'(

I have had it in spurts especially when there is a stressful situation going on.

Hi, Hope you are OK today.  I have been off Ativan now for 4 years, and I still have anxiety.  I still have the neck thing with it feeling very tight and painful, I think that is the worst symptom and very tense in the shoulder area.  When I was early in withdrawal that and the panic were the worst symptoms.  I lost a lot of weight too cos I had nausea etc. but I have since put  it back on again.  I did take Ativan for 27 years after my daughter was born, I had post natal anxiety.  I too still have ear problems and balance problems, which I think is damage done by the benzos.  My doctor doesn't seem to think it will ever go away - she is so wonderful (NOT!).  She also said my insomnia would not go either, but that is not true, I do have better sleep now.  I used to not sleep AT ALL, I was so wired.  All of this withdrawal takes so much time to get better.  I thought it would be easy but it is not easy at all.  You have to persevere so much with it all, and never give in.  One day you may feel OK, the next you are bad again.  On the whole, I am OK, much better than before.  Just know that it is not a quick fix, it all takes time and your body and mind need to adjust to everything again.  Its a great shock to the system.  I do more now though, even drive again which I could not do for a few years.  I had panic in the supermarket, but that has gone now as well.  Try to relax as much as you can, but also try to do what you like doing and of course exercise is good for you to get the seratonin levels up.

Take care,

Chris  (UK)

Mine feels like an overwhelming sense of dread and physical discomfort, trembling body, and mentally nothing is ever going to be ok again.  Also, concentration or focusing on anything is extremely difficult.  Large fear of being unable to go to sleep begins ruminating in my head as bed time draws ever closer, increasing the anxiety.  In the morning, a song will often replay in my head as I get into the shower.. like the first 10 seconds of a song over and over on a broken record then it eventually stops as I think about other things.  very weird.  Hope it's the benzos fault.

often depression will follow suit with this due to feeling that my life will remain in this anxiety state on/off for the rest of my life.  Occassionally i'll get depressed about that thought process first, and then the anxiety will follow

Anxiety << >> Depression    FUN!

Mine feels like an overwhelming sense of dread and physical discomfort, trembling body, and mentally nothing is ever going to be ok again.  Also, concentration or focusing on anything is extremely difficult.  Large fear of being unable to go to sleep begins ruminating in my head as bed time draws ever closer, increasing the anxiety.  In the morning, a song will often replay in my head as I get into the shower.. like the first 10 seconds of a song over and over on a broken record then it eventually stops as I think about other things.  very weird.  Hope it's the benzos fault.

often depression will follow suit with this due to feeling that my life will remain in this anxiety state on/off for the rest of my life.  Occassionally i'll get depressed about that thought process first, and then the anxiety will follow

I feel the same.  For me it was gone for a while and is now back since Tuesday and is coming and going depending on my thought process.  Trying to keep busy to forget about it.

Not fun is it?:(

• 2 weeks later...

My anxiety is at its worse when i dont recognize that i am pounding

Myself for days on end with purly horrible negative thoughts

I actualy just end up fearing fear itself. That is where i can

Really start to panic, the whole build up process so very subtle for

Me..one thing i can say is that the lucinda bassett program has helped

Me more than anything, done the program a few years back and

Have been doing a hole lot better managing the anxiety.

I can relate to this.

I understand the Anxiety<<>>Depression, it's like ya can't have one without the other.

Keryn.