Author Topic: Describe your anxiety  (Read 5679 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Describe your anxiety
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »
To describe my anxiety would be like... one foot on the edge of a cliff and the other on the ground...
me looking down at a highway below.

[...].
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 01:32:28 am »
I honestly can't even describe my anxiety, it's totally consumed my life. I'm afraid of everything. The anxiety that bothers me the most is regarding health issues and death. When I have bad days I feel like I can't breathe, I'm dizzy, my stomach gets sick, I shake and I'm moody.

Anxiety is a terrible thing!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 05:13:12 pm »
My anxiety is almost exactly like Undawg's - can't keep my mind off the bad thoughts - I shake outside and tremble inside and crying all the time.
It definitely controls my life - horrible

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »
Do anyone still have anxiety 24-7 , the only time mine calms down is when I go to bed , is it common to have it ALL DAY LONG !!!! have anyone have that , I kniow it takes recovery 6 weeks + to recover but having anxiety all day log is freaking me out , it doesn't even feel like theres a window coming  :'(

I have had it in spurts especially when there is a stressful situation going on.

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 04:36:05 pm »
Hi, Hope you are OK today.  I have been off Ativan now for 4 years, and I still have anxiety.  I still have the neck thing with it feeling very tight and painful, I think that is the worst symptom and very tense in the shoulder area.  When I was early in withdrawal that and the panic were the worst symptoms.  I lost a lot of weight too cos I had nausea etc. but I have since put  it back on again.  I did take Ativan for 27 years after my daughter was born, I had post natal anxiety.  I too still have ear problems and balance problems, which I think is damage done by the benzos.  My doctor doesn't seem to think it will ever go away - she is so wonderful (NOT!).  She also said my insomnia would not go either, but that is not true, I do have better sleep now.  I used to not sleep AT ALL, I was so wired.  All of this withdrawal takes so much time to get better.  I thought it would be easy but it is not easy at all.  You have to persevere so much with it all, and never give in.  One day you may feel OK, the next you are bad again.  On the whole, I am OK, much better than before.  Just know that it is not a quick fix, it all takes time and your body and mind need to adjust to everything again.  Its a great shock to the system.  I do more now though, even drive again which I could not do for a few years.  I had panic in the supermarket, but that has gone now as well.  Try to relax as much as you can, but also try to do what you like doing and of course exercise is good for you to get the seratonin levels up.

Take care,

Chris   (UK)

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 06:24:42 pm »
Mine feels like an overwhelming sense of dread and physical discomfort, trembling body, and mentally nothing is ever going to be ok again.  Also, concentration or focusing on anything is extremely difficult.  Large fear of being unable to go to sleep begins ruminating in my head as bed time draws ever closer, increasing the anxiety.  In the morning, a song will often replay in my head as I get into the shower.. like the first 10 seconds of a song over and over on a broken record then it eventually stops as I think about other things.  very weird.  Hope it's the benzos fault.

often depression will follow suit with this due to feeling that my life will remain in this anxiety state on/off for the rest of my life.  Occassionally i'll get depressed about that thought process first, and then the anxiety will follow

Anxiety << >> Depression    FUN!

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »
Mine feels like an overwhelming sense of dread and physical discomfort, trembling body, and mentally nothing is ever going to be ok again.  Also, concentration or focusing on anything is extremely difficult.  Large fear of being unable to go to sleep begins ruminating in my head as bed time draws ever closer, increasing the anxiety.  In the morning, a song will often replay in my head as I get into the shower.. like the first 10 seconds of a song over and over on a broken record then it eventually stops as I think about other things.  very weird.  Hope it's the benzos fault.

often depression will follow suit with this due to feeling that my life will remain in this anxiety state on/off for the rest of my life.  Occassionally i'll get depressed about that thought process first, and then the anxiety will follow

I feel the same.  For me it was gone for a while and is now back since Tuesday and is coming and going depending on my thought process.  Trying to keep busy to forget about it.

Not fun is it?:(

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 03:07:36 am »
My anxiety is at its worse when i dont recognize that i am pounding
Myself for days on end with purly horrible negative thoughts
I actualy just end up fearing fear itself. That is where i can
Really start to panic, the whole build up process so very subtle for
Me..one thing i can say is that the lucinda bassett program has helped
Me more than anything, done the program a few years back and
Have been doing a hole lot better managing the anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »

I can relate to this.
I understand the Anxiety<<>>Depression, it's like ya can't have one without the other.

[...].