Author Topic: Describe your anxiety  (Read 5676 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Describe your anxiety
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 02:52:00 am »
Wow. Great question.  For me,it is like an ugent sense of complete panic and distress. I pace,cry,scream,beg God to help me,and usually end up in the ER ,o rin one instance, in the mental hospital. I did Bio-Feedback and Cognitive behavioral therapy. Was supposed to help me recognize my triggers and help understand where the anxiety was coming from anh how to avoid the full blown anxiety attacks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 05:35:26 am »
I pretty much just get nervous or paranoid about everythign like I want everything 100% guaranteed to be the right decision and to have a good outcome.  I get shaky around people sometimes.  It seems any time I make a change it takes a while to get through it.  My heart beats really fast and my breathing slows as I'm thinking any little problem is the end of the world.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 02:37:55 pm »
My Anxiety I am experiencing is something I never had to endure before in my life until I was introduced to Benzos, well since I have came off them after 4 1/2 months on them I have shaking , anxiousness, tightness in the pit of my stomach muscles as if they are cutting off circulation, throat muscles tightning as if someone is choking me , nausea, weakness in legs and arms, depressed, pounding heart on times. Its really freaky and scarey , not sure if it will ever stop, its now been 9 weeks off benzos and its still happening , oh yeah the burning all over if you google anxiety symptoms one of those symptoms is burning sensation , and my tongue throbs . Its crazy!!!!!! Anyone still have anxiety symptoms after 2 months off, p.s. I never had anxiety ever like any of his before in my entire life!!!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 03:13:22 pm »
[...],

Two months of benzo healing is often described at the "early days"...it is generally thought that a normal course of healing is between six to twelve months.  I am not saying it will take that long for you...but that is a ballpark figure..and some heal much quicker...and others...take a bit longer...the key is we all heal...:)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 03:32:36 pm »
Mine feels very physical.   Like not a mental source.   Body revved up and feels like adrenaline.   Get the adrenaline rush in the morning when I am waking up.   
Never felt like this before in my life.
Also.....small things become too magnified like I can't handle one more thing piled on top of benzo wd
Very weird for me as I can usually handle alot.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 04:32:04 pm »
My Anxiety comes in many forms, I'm not sure if anyone would want to be around me while having an attack, as it's unnerving.
I feel like I can't breath, I start to think that I'm having a physical problem, as I'm a "Hypochondriac" anyway, and during my anxiety, it hits me at best.
My Anxiety is like a fight or flight mode sometimes (especially after a cut.) I usually go into a Panic Attack if not distracted by something. The Panic Attack's feel like an Asthma Attack and a Heart Attack rolled into one.
I try to just tell myself it's only a Panic Attack, they don't kill you, but I still worry.
My Anxiety over all, I would say is just intense at times, like I'm going to explode, if that makes any sense.
I have ended up in the ER with bad anxiety, but only to get my heart checked for good measure and peace of mind, not for a shot of a Benzo, as I'm coming off one.

[...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 12:07:56 pm »
Great thread - I'm getting good at the lingo here - I am glad to read of other's anxieties so I can hold mine up against them, and know that I am normal......  I did not have anxiety that I was aware of until I had a heart operation (defibrillator implantedd) in 1993.  After that my anxiety was very severe, shaking, crying, waking up screaming, etc.  Therefore I was put on xanax first and then I was hospitalized and put on K.  I weaned down over a year to .125 and that is where I have been since 1994.  I was fine, took it at night and worked every day, even went out looking for a new job and believe me the anxiety that my defibrillator caused me - I don't know how I did it.  But anyway, my life proceeded on well until 2008 when I was put on Neurontin for back pain for one year and when I tried to get off of it - major anxiety.  So major that I admitted myself to a psych ward because I thought I was going mad.  Screaming, tearing my hair, chest tightness, rapid heart rate (which in itself causes my anxiety to flare) body jerking, just horrid. They put me on 1.5 for 9 weeks and then I weaned off in 18 days down to .125.  Again, terrible anxiety - sweating, double vision, weakness in legs, as well as the above mentioned.  I was lucky enough to have a lengthy window and I thought I was cured - but the window slammed shut and now here I am again with the crying, shaking, body jerking and burning feet (new symptom), but even though it is bad, it does not seem to be as bad as the previous bout.  However, I still have to get off the .125 and I am scared to death what I will face.  Thanks for listening - this was longer than I intended.
i

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 02:12:23 pm »
Do anyone still have anxiety 24-7 , the only time mine calms down is when I go to bed , is it common to have it ALL DAY LONG !!!! have anyone have that , I kniow it takes recovery 6 weeks + to recover but having anxiety all day log is freaking me out , it doesn't even feel like theres a window coming  :'(

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 03:11:21 pm »
Yes, [...], I have high anxiety all day long.  No breaks.  Occasionally, I feel a bit better before bedtime.  Otherwise, it's one minute at a time...  L., ~~[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »
Jamie I wish someone would give me the answer to that ? also. Is  this part of who we are? Or did something somewhere trigger it?
It my case I think abuse from a spouse caused mine and other things along the years.. But it just showed up one day out of the blue and lead me to a land I never wanted to see benzos. Some say it can be heredity from our families. Who knows but I would like to know how to beat it. I do everything to try. Breath, think happy thoughts, walk and dance you name but some days It just shows up kinds like a unwanted visitor. I stopped researching it. I felt like I was a dog just chasing its tail, so many tells, so many diffrent stories who knows what the real facts are.
My one doctor even told me to stop reading stuff on the net. He sound kinda pissed when I told him about researching benzo withdrawals and needing help to get off them.

Oh Blarg! How annoying. By all means (DWS ... dripping with sarcasm) don't educate yourself about things? Geez.

My anxiety feels like an adrenaline rush thru my chest and belly followed by burning and a sensation I will pass out.

There's the whole "It's your nervous system" thing ... your brain misfiring. I personally think benzos did me no favors. But I will say since ditching the benzos ... I don't have full blown panic attacks.