Question about changing dosing, please help

[EL...]

I am holding my liquid taper of ativan at .12mg spread out over 4 doses throughout the day. My anxiety is not controlled and has pretty much been unbearable since I even began my taper in May.

My question is should I change back to once daily which would be easier or continue with 4x per day, even though I don't see much use in it? I am feeling hopeless and wish I was still on a higher dose of ativan, not that it was helping anymore. Still wondering what is the point of the slow taper when I feel like I'm being tortured anyway.

Hi ELENA777 :smitten:

I feel like I'm being tortured

May I have a few questions please?

1. Are you liquid tapering? If yes thanks to give details on solution preparation and the reduction pace.

2. Have you ever thought that liquid doesn't suit you (problem since day 1) or you may have tapered too fast?

:hug:

Hi Jim,

Initially, in May, yes I dropped way too fast not knowing any better.. I didn't think it would matter.

I Recently have been using your liquid taper calculator. Maybe at a rate of 10% every 7 days, small changes every day. Not sure but I am holding now.

Even before taper I was severely anxious. Ativan wasn't helping anymore. And,  began tapering too fast.

Maybe liquid doesn't suit me? but how to get the tablets down to such a small size without a liquid solution.  Such a problem.

I am a mess and don't know what to do anymore. My stomach has been bothering me all the time. I am so stressed. I am considering giving up but it may be a problem to get lots more ativan. Even then I know I have so much tolerance to the effects now. Sorry, if i am not explaining this well. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. :smitten:

Hi ELENA777

Maybe at a rate of 10% every 7 days

Why maybe? Did you happen to have a doubt about the quantity you cut? If yes, why so?

Besides that parenthesis, I humbly think that your source of psychological and physical problems may have come from a taper pace that is apparently inadequate. If you think that the general recommendations are to reduce 5-10% every 10-14 days to minimize withdrawal symptoms, yours is 20% every 14 days. It may seem difficult to understand but I read of a buddie who had symptoms whatever reduction quantity he made. The day he applied 6%/14 days he seamlessly sailed until the end with symptoms that became since manageable.

I believe you have to slow down. Especially when it's 6 years that you are under benzo. What would be the advantages to finish benzo early to find oneself suffering protracted symptoms well after the last dose? Don't fall into the trap of last dose of benzo. It's nothing but a small irrelevant event when you take the last dose of benzo. It has little to do with "benzo free". You might take the last dose but not benzo-free. The most important thing is that you must feel good with mild or no symptoms when you are off benzo. By slowing down, you are reducing the risk to having problems after the last dose.

What to do now? Hold to the last dose. 3-4 weeks hold are normal. Other buddies hold for 2-3 months before symptoms start to recede. When the storm passes and things settle down, generate the report again but now with a reduction of 5%/14 days. Then resume taper.

Hope it helps.

:hug: