SSRI withdrawal and want to get of klonopin

[Ji...]

I had a severe reaction to Prozac which brought on anxiety and akathisia. Been on .25 two ties daily for 2 mo. Doesn’t seem to help with the anxiety. Want to get off now since still so new. If I start 10% taper plan, do I do the morning or afternoon one? Or 5% off each dose??

Thanks!!!

I had a severe reaction to Prozac which brought on anxiety and akathisia. Been on .25 two ties daily for 2 mo. Doesn’t seem to help with the anxiety. Want to get off now since still so new. If I start 10% taper plan, do I do the morning or afternoon one? Or 5% off each dose??

Thanks!!!

If it were me, 10% total daily. So 5% per dose

Jill, I'd suggest you go to www.antidepressants.org.  IMO, that's where you'll get the best advice.

Looks like it expired in Febuary

Jill, I'd suggest you go to www.antidepressants.org.  IMO, that's where you'll get the best advice.

Looks like it expired in Febuary

Thanks, Matt, I edited my previous post.  Should be:  www.survivingantidepressants.org.  :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still doing the 10% cut for 10 days.

5% morning dose and 5% evening dose.

I have been using the micro scale and breaking as needed. This still an okay method?

Just want to make sure there’s no filler causing different active ingredients.

I’m trying to learn as much as I can.

Thanks!!

If what you want is a 10% reduction of your daily dose, then you would take 10% off of each dose to achieve that. If you are taking 5% off of each dose, that is a 5% reduction of your daily dose. So, you are taking 1 0.50 tablet per day, split into two doses. All you have to do is remove 0.050 from the tablet, and then break what is left into two pieces (or piles). It does not matter if your morning and evening dose are identicsl, since the half life of the drug is long, as long as your daily dose is the 0.50-0.050=0.45mg.

Not that you have to do 10%, of course. 5% is a perfectly good plan, too. Certainly more gentle.

Thank you.

My scale is in grams so am measuring by weight. Would I still apply the 10% rule when doing weight? For example, my .25 pill is 70 mg so would I reduce by 7 mg?

Are there fillers that I need to be worried about when decreasing doses as well?

Yes, 10% of the weight of each dose nets you a 10% reduction overall. We have to assume that the active ingredient is more or less evenly distributed within the pill. It may or may not be, but thinking about the fillers won't help. It's one of those "accept the things you cannot change" moments. Good luck!