Bartonella infection etc.

[...]

It seems that a very long-term Bartonella infection got me onto benzos in the first place; over forty years ago. As I treat for the Bartonella infection with Buhner herbal protocol as prescribed by my brilliant naturopath, it’s getting easier to taper valium without massive anxiety. Bartonella is known as a psych symptom-inducing infection.

Bartonella has also grown benign granulomas in my bones and lungs and benign vascular lesions in my liver, as well as giving me thick blood. I have secondary polycythemia.  I have both benzo belly and Bart belly.

I’m fighting. I want my life back. Down to 2.75 mg valium nightly.

I wonder how many of us got addicted to benzos because of Bartonella? It’s a very common infection yet mostly goes undiagnosed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have late stage lyme with erlichia, 2 forms. they assume bartonella as it is hard to test for. yes lyme and cos are nervous system terrorists.

I'm stuck back at 4mg. Was at high of 45mg at crossover time. But I'm tired of this junk. If I could find a way to taper these low doses. I can't handle

liquid methods. The pill crush and weighing looks hard. Sorry I'm rambling about myself.

I always wonder how many have lyme and things like bart. How did they know it was bart and from what cause, a dog bit....?

What is bart belly...what is benzo belly?

Be well. glad you're down low.

Infoshare.

Sorry you’re going through this too! Benzo belly is massive abdominal inflammation. Bart belly is the same, plus it involves major gastrointestinal pain.

I forgot to add that my Bart was diagnosed via Igenex IFA assay. I’ve also been through Lyme. I think my Bart originated with being clawed and scratched repeatedly by a likely Bart-infected house cat many years ago when I was a child.

Yes "cat scratch fever". Sounds painful. I follow Buhner healing on fb. And my lyme and cos were dx with help of igenex as well in 2009. A decades late dx. O had the highest antibodies dr had seen. Plus many more igenex bands than just tge necessary for poz dx. I like to do things up big :(

Whats your favorite buhner herb? Using a stevia?

Keep healing

Infoshare

I’m also on FB Buhner healing. I’m currently doing Sida acuta, Japanese knotweed, and Houttuynia tinctures, plus milk thistle seed and EGCG. The fatigue and herxing are rough. I used to use Stevia, but it drops my BP too low.

I was diagnosed with Lyme (9 bands positive) and Bart (equivocal) through Igenex in 2911. I did allopathic antibiotics for a year and a half. I will never go through that again. I think azirhromycin put my Bart into temporary remission, but it wrecked my guts.

I now test negative for Lyme, and once again equivocal for Bartonella.

Thank you! I take 2 mg valium around 9:30 pm and the remainder at 3-4 am when I wake up. I think I take milk thistle far enough away from the benzo poison.

Have you had issues with allopathic medication interactions with herbal tinctures? I have beta blocker/herbal tincture interactions. Have had to taper beta blocker as a consequence. My naturopath knows what I’m doing. The allopathic/herbal tincture dance is tricky.

Yes it is tricky I only use valium is my only prescription I did  some antibiotics for 9 months  years ago. I am super sensitive to pretty much everything including herbs I use some anti microbial herbal formulas to kind of "roll back "" my lyme  I am the most sensitive person my functional medicine lyme treating doctor has seen and it's of no surprise to me so yes herbs and allopathic don't always mix so do be careful herbs are basically medications

Infoshar, I’m tapering very slowly now. At this point I’m scheduled to go to a local addiction doc for help with cuts the rest of the way down from 2.75 mg. I need prescriptions for the very low doses.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you sila and inforshar-best wishes for your tapers!  I found tapering off benzos very slowly and in tiny amounts helped a lot.  I'm looking into the Buhner, Cowden and some other protocols for the Lyme, too.  Read that Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt  has had some success with Rock Rose tea/tincture for Lyme disease as well.  Going to give it and stevia a try.