8 months in and I can read a book again 😭😭

[Ju...]

Over the  last 8 months I have pleasantly forgotten about a lot of my symptoms from the beginning... and I spend the majority of my time obsessing about the symptoms I still have today. One of the most disturbing was visual snow md hyperacusis.. which was bad enough that it was making it so I couldn't sit down and read a book...  visual snow would basically make it so my eyes would jump around from sentence to sentence so I couldn't really retain anything that I was reading. So, I just stop trying because it would make me anxious, and waited it out.

Literally, just went through each day just letting time pass.

The first thing that I noticed was the hyperacusis was getting better. I wasn't having to wear my ear plugs anymore, and I would have my window down in the car instead of up to block out all the traffic noise.

This evening I thought down to read a book for the first time in 8 months and I read 130 pages! I would def say that is a huge success!!

Through this eight-month process I haven't really given myself credit. When my 24/7 anxiety dissipated I didn't celebrate. When I could take long car rides again, I didn't celebrate. When I could sleep through the night still know who I was in the morning, I didn't celebrate. I'm sorry I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate that my vision is getting better!!

Now, that's progress!  So happy for you Justkeepgoing and congratulations!  I experienced the same thing with reading, jumping from sentence to sentence and not retaining anything, but it passed.  This leads me to believe that we react alike to this withdrawal process, and it makes me feel less alone, there is validity to what we are going through.  You are a model of recovery and positivity, all the best!

Soooooo happy for you! It is awesome that you can read again! Good distraction! Congratulations and keep on fighting the good fight!

Praying for more healing your way!

Pi

May I ask why you were on klonopin?

It was prescribed originally to help me sleep.. but then I developed am anxiety disorder, go figure;)

I had trouble reading too. Not just with concentration, but also very hard to track words across the page. Strange.

Super weird! And that symptom really hung in there. I was always thankful I could still SEE. It was so frustrating to not be able to read paragraphs, but I try to remember things could be worse and I really am very lucky.

• 2 weeks later...