The absolute cause of exercise intolerance

[Ma...]

Not sure if this idea was discussed but what if exercise intolerance is caused by the immune system not working correctly. I don't have time to get into this too much but understanding some things may help shed some light on this problem that all of us face to varying degrees. You can find more about what I'm talking about in this link. And what to do.

Inhibiting Interleukin-6 (IL-6): The Key To Health, Successful Aging & Vitality

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/interleukin-6/

Basically, the immune system is attacking itself every time we exercise by releasing pro inflammatory cytokines. The key for us is to really take it easy and take days off and to never do anything too strenuous, and if you do take a rest day or two. Overtraining may lead to autoimmune problems. Personally, I'm going to moderate exercise better.

I think going in a sauna mostly everyday and keeping things very light is key. The sauna is going to help with these inflammatory cytokines.

As far as intense aerobic activity. I think short-bouts of swimming laps in a pool is a good idea but no more than 10 minutes.

Not sure if this idea was discussed but what if exercise intolerance is caused by the immune system not working correctly. I don't have time to get into this too much but understanding some things may help shed some light on this problem that all of us face to varying degrees. You can find more about what I'm talking about in this link. And what to do.

Inhibiting Interleukin-6 (IL-6): The Key To Health, Successful Aging & Vitality

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/interleukin-6/

Basically, the immune system is attacking itself every time we exercise by releasing pro inflammatory cytokines. The key for us is to really take it easy and take days off and to never do anything too strenuous, and if you do take a rest day or two. Over training may lead to autoimmune problems. Personally, I'm going to moderate exercise better.

These specific cytokines are essential for building muscle and repairing tissue.  It's not "the immune system attacking itself."  For what it's worth.. I wear a HR monitor and keep my HR under 143 (180 - my age 37).  This clearly limits how much I'm stressing my system.  If you want, check out Phil Maffetone's material.

I was reading about the cytokines hypothesis btw. I think it involves the immune system not functioning properly. It may not be attacking itself in the strictest sense but it’s causing inflammation. I’m not saying cytokines are bad btw I’m saying overtraining is. I’ll check that out.

https://www.rndsystems.com/resources/articles/cytokines-and-overtraining

I was reading about the cytokines hypothesis btw. I think it involves the immune system not functioning properly. It may not be attacking itself in the strictest sense but it’s causing inflammation. I’m not saying cytokines are bad btw I’m saying overtraining is. I’ll check that out.

https://www.rndsystems.com/resources/articles/cytokines-and-overtraining

Overtraining is bad for everyone, not just for people quitting benzodiazepines. I think exercising has been key for my recovery. I don't have the same resistance or strength and sometimes I fell worse (tiredness, weakness, tinnitus) after exercising, but it has helped control muscle tightness and maintain some strength. If I had stooped exercising I could have lost my physical abilities by now because the rate at which I loose muscle seems to be much higher.

Exercising and maintaining muscle, and  feeling our best is definitely the goal. I guess where I was getting at when I started the thread was not knowing the reason why some people claim to be exercise intolerant. I was thinking that maybe the reason some can’t exercise at all and get sick from walking a few steps is related to all this.

Heat stress from the sauna will help maintain muscle even if you don’t exercise because when heat shock proteins get activated inside cells they help new proteins fold correctly and more efficiently. Well that’s part of it.

The question I keep asking myself is how do I avoid overtraining when my body gets exhausted so easily. Just seems like we/I need to rest more. I go to the gym nearly everyday but it’s usually for the sauna some days. I have a lot of life stressors but I just feel tired most of the time. I just want to find the right balance as I continue tapering. I feel like I can easily be overtraining but it may not be the case.

People with ME/CFS have cytokines ‘storms’ from mild to moderate activity.

Dr Myhill recommends repairing mitochondria first as a way out of it. She uses supplements and Keto diet for this. I can no longer do this as I had for 3 years prior to WD.

The Dr Wahl diet might help. There is a Ted talk by her on Youtubr.

Hey Ajusta, hope you have been feeling better.

I started eating alot on days I hang out with a particular friend when I go to the city. Really takes a beating on me but it’s not too bad I guess. Not sure how to tell my friend I don’t want to eat out and feast with you considering it’s his thing. It seems that’s what people look forward to. Eating out at restaurants and getting fat and sick.

I just started tapering again, and I want to start restricting stuff as usual. I think I may start restricting nightshades and do the Paleo diet again, combined with calorie restriction, eating twice a day.

Why does Dr. Wahl say to not eat eggs? What’s the best way to protect and also repair mitochondria in your opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the middle of a wave due to a bad cold (Cytokines) and I feel EXACTLY like I do when I over-train while tapering. When I recover, I'm going to go back to aerobic activity but very light to moderate. I think alot of us are in a rush to get back to where we were pre-withdrawal with our exercise. Exercise should be slow and steady just like our tapers. We can overdo it, just like our cuts.

Also consider that aerobic activity releases histamine, and histamine is a stimulating hormone. Exercise also raises cortisol, and we all know what that does.