Author Topic: Builder-Jim Hawk help  (Read 472 times)

[Buddie]

Builder-Jim Hawk help
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:23:59 pm »
Anyone know how to liquid titration temazapam? I take 15mg in capsule form at night. I have go extremely slow cuz Iím battling lots of damage. Iím no genius, so Iíd appreciate if you could explain how to titrate like youíre talking to a 3rd grader🤣 I truly appreciate your help!! Also I have access to compound pharmacy, in your opinion which option is more accurate and easier? Thx so much!!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Builder-Jim Hawk help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:13:46 pm »
Hi [...] :smitten:

if you could explain how to titrate
Liquid taper enables you to reduce tiny portions of drug at a time, so tiny that normal tablet splitting will not be able to attain. The same reduction quantity cannot be achieved by just splitting tablet to quarters or eighths. By reducing tiny quantity of benzo each time, we give a good chance to our CNS (Central Nervous System) to adapt itself to the change with symptoms that remain manageable. When we do tablet splitting, every time we cut by removing a quarter, it's a BIG CUT and results in a huge shock to our CNS. Withdrawal symptoms that kick in are a sign that the cut was too large and that we need to slow down.

To start you will need first to have your benzo solution. Instead of taking benzo under the form of tablets, you will drink the benzo solution. You can have benzo solution prepared by your pharmacist as a compound liquid or you can prepare it by yourself. In case you decide to prepare the solution by yourself, it is preferable that you start with a doctor prescribed Rx liquid especially when the drug is sparingly dissoluble in alcohol like Temazepam. But if you don't have a Rx liquid, you can transform your tablets to liquid via a solvent (Eg: Vodka) to be then diluted with water to make up the right volume. You cannot use water as solvent because it is a POOR benzo solvent and a POOR benzo suspension vehicle.

When the solution is ready, you will draw up the needed dose by using a syringe.
Ex:  1 capsule of 15 mg of Temazepam + 30 ml of Vodka + 120 ml of water gives 150 ml of solution, 0.1 mg/ml, enough for 1 days. It would be useful to prepare solution enough for 7-10 days.

To know how much solution you'll draw up each time, use this online planner http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/ . Fill in your information and submit. You will obtain a schedule with the doses that need to be taken every day.

Liquid Taper is the most accurate method from a dose measuring viewpoint. It is recommended to follow a taper schedule previously established based on the general recommendations to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days. It is also recommended to taper on a DAILY BASIS to minimize withdrawal symptoms.

Hope it helps.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 01:59:07 am »
THANK YOU SO MUCH! If you make 7-10 days, does it need to be stored in fridge? You say cut 5-10% every 14 days. But cut on a daily basis? So youíre cutting a tiny bit every day, til you reach that 5-10% of the two week total? Thx a million

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:45:25 am »

If you make 7-10 days, does it need to be stored in fridge?
You don't need to but it doesn't harm. Give it a few shakes before use. Avoid to expose to direct sunlight.

You say cut 5-10% every 14 days. But cut on a daily basis? So youíre cutting a tiny bit every day, til you reach that 5-10% of the two week total?
Correct.

Have a good start!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 04:48:13 am »
Hey[...] or anyone. Is temazapam fat soluble in whole milk?? Iíve been clean off alcohol for 20 years, so looking for a safe liquid to titration with. Milk good?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 07:31:16 am »

Lorazepam is poorly fat soluble. Ask your doctor to prescribe a liquid Rx as Lorazepam Intensol, a Propylene Glycol based solution that does not contain alcohol. You will dilute it with water and taper with this new solution.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 09:30:47 am »
I am tapering Temazapam, not Lorazepam. Can I do temazapam with milk??? I really appreciate the help!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 03:28:54 pm »
Temazepam lipid (fat) solubility:

"...low to moderate"

http://psychopharmacopeia.com/index.php/?generic=Restoril

It is sparingly soluble in alcohol, but soluble in propylene glycol.  There is a UK temazepam liquid that uses a PG solvent.  PG would be my choice.

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/par/documents/websiteresources/con850256.pdf

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 08:26:33 am »
[...] or [...] or anyone, I understand temazapam isnít fat soluble and not very alcohol soluble, but my central nervous system is extremely compromised,. Propylene glycol seems to be a bit of a risk to make my solution with. I guess Iím wondering can you think of anything else to use instead of PG , thatís  a bit more natural?? PG Worries me a bit. Thank you very much!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 11:37:33 am »

There is a UK the liquid Temazepam 10mg/5ml Oral Solution. The list of excipients:
Ethanol
Propylene Glycol
Peppermint Oil
Caramel E150
Trometamol
Citric Acid Monohydrate
Patent Blue V E131
Glycerol
Sorbitol Solution 70%
Purified Water

In your shoes I would have a try.

:hug: