from suspension to solution anyone?

[5b...]

[5b...]

Hi everybody! :smitten:

Got a new batch of the clonazepan suspension from the compound pharmacy and symptoms rump up more than before. Pharmacy used the same drug and same ora plus medium. Since I started with the suspension I feel more sxs  :sick: than when I was all pills. My doctor wouldn't prescribe pills to make my own solution before so that's why I end up with the suspension. She will now.  :tickedoff:

Since July I have been using the liquid as the cut dose and full liquid in the last month. It hasn't been easy at all.  sxs have been increasing as the time goes by, they are manageable but progressing...

I'm at about 20 % of my original 1 mg dose ( 0,166 mg now) started the taper in april. I know things get more bumpy at this stage. Hate to change horses that close to the shore but I still have three more months to go.

I've reduced 0,209 mg from 0,375 in the last 2 1/2 months, don't know if I should go a little bit slower.  :-\

I'm assuming that the solution has more digest friendlier components- water - than the Suspension -Ora plus-.  Also, I think the way you take this drugs, with or without food, liquid solution or suspension affects the kinetics of how this drugs go thru your digestive system and in turn how fast or how much you really get at the end of the day.

If any body tried both ways please let me know what your experience was.

Regards!

Hi micedana :smitten:

Since I started with the suspension I feel more sxs  :sick: than when I was all pills.

You are not alone. Many buddies reported the same situation by switching from tablets to liquid. They talked about a drop in dose. Some buddies estimated that drop to about 5-10% while others said it's like a cold turkey.

My doctor wouldn't prescribe pills to make my own solution before so that's why I end up with the suspension. She will now.

It would be useful if she can prescribe: Clonazepam Liquid concentrate: 2.5 mg per ml ( http://the-medical-dictionary.com/clonazepam_1086_article_1.htm ). By using this liquid Rx we can dilute it with just water and have the solution of 0.1 mg/ml for the taper

sxs have been increasing as the time goes by

I fear together with the reduced drug by switching all to liquid, the taper pace could have played some role in here.

I still have three more months to go.

I'm sure you know it already but I say it again here. The last dose of drug in 3 months time bears just a symbolic signification. It means you don't take benzo any longer but it does not necessarily mean that you are benzo free. It has little to do with the fact that you may or may not continue to have symptoms after. The conditions to have little, manageable symptoms after the last dose is that you have little, manageable symptoms MONTHS PRECEDING the last dose. There is no such thing like you were in full torment with symptoms then you stop your dose and suddenly you are healed with no symptoms at all. A number of buddies actually continue to feel symptoms having stopped benzo months/years ago.

I've reduced 0,209 mg from 0,375 in the last 2 1/2 months, don't know if I should go a little bit slower.  :-\

It is a reduction of 11%/14 days (0,209 / 0,375 / 5) . It would be OK as the general recommendations are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days. But I know about a buddie tapering Valium who continuously felt symptoms until he cut down to 6%/14 days and safely sailed until the end with seemingly no major problem.  I therefore would like to propose you to slow down and try 5%/14 days over the last 0.166 mg for 2, 3 weeks to see if things improve.

Hope you feel better soon.

[5b...]

Thanks for your encouragement Jim!

It would be useful if she can prescribe: Clonazepam Liquid concentrate: 2.5 mg per ml ( http://the-medical-dictionary.com/clonazepam_1086_article_1.htm ). By using this liquid Rx we can dilute it with just water and have the solution of 0.1 mg/ml for the taper.

This suggested liquid Rx would have the same characteristics like the suspension that I have now -Ora plus midia- the only difference would be the concentration right? -2.5 mg- .What I have now is 12x 1 mg pills in a 120 ml suspension ora plus (0.1 mg/ml). Then it would be mixed with water...

Clonazepam USP (C^sub 15^H^sub 10^ClN^sub 3^O^sub 3^, MW 315.71, Klonopin) occurs as a light-yellow powder with a faint odor. It is insoluble in water and slightly soluble in alcohol.

On the link you sent me I noticed the above comment. Is it talking about the drug itself? I knew it was not soluble in water but alcohol...?

I fear together with the reduced drug by switching all to liquid, the taper pace could have played some role in here.

I have to admit that there is a Psychological factor to get rid of the drug ASAP or switching to liquid. I still think thou that digestion plays a big roll. I'm trying to take the doses before meals due to this and with a glass of water. Noticed a big difference especially in the morning.

I'm sure you know it already but I say it again here. The last dose of drug in 3 months time bears just a symbolic signification...

You are so right. I noticed I feel much better in certain aspects but it contrasts with the up at downs of the withdrawal symptoms due to stress situations desperation etc. Kind of like a wound that is close to heal, it hurts more when you touch it now than while healing!

I'll give it a try Jim and see how it goes.

Thanks for your time and efforts!!!

Hi micedana :smitten:

This suggested liquid Rx would have the same characteristics like the suspension that I have now -Ora plus midia- the only difference would be the concentration right?

By using Ora-Plus as suspension vehicle, your solution is a suspension solution.

For what I know, Rivotril (clonazepam liquid) I took time ago uses alcohol to dissolve benzo and I could well remember the alcohol taste on my tongue even when diluted with water. Later on, I discovered that it contains 19% of alcohol! Huge amount I would say! But I also happened to read: ..."Rivotril drops contain saccharin sodium (954), propylene glycol (1520), glacial acetic acid (260) peach flavour PHL-014725 and brilliant blue FCF (E133, CI42090)."

In both cases, with alcohol or propylene glycol used as solvent, this is a dissolved solution. In this solution, benzo takes the aqueous form, get uniformly merged within the solution and becomes one with the solution. With a suspension solution, benzo powder remains powder, distributed but still separated in a viscous solution to keep the powder particles from floating at the surface or sinking to the bottom. With a suspension solution your digestion has also to deal with the suspension vehicle besides the drug.

A number of buddies reported a drop of effect while using a suspension solution. With dissolved solution, either you reject it immediately after a few days or you seamlessly proceed with it like with a tablet dose.

I knew it was not soluble in water but alcohol...?

Well, I now understand why so much alcohol (19% of the solution) is required to dissolve Clonazepam. I happened to read somewhere that alcohol helps in preserving some characteristics like stability of the drug over the time.

I still think thou that digestion plays a big roll.

I do too. However in this case besides the timing to take doses, there is also the presence of the compound solution that in my opinion has played an important role in how benzo is or is not well absorbed by your organism.

Please keep us updated. Wish you heal soon.

Thanks for your encouragement Jim!

It would be useful if she can prescribe: Clonazepam Liquid concentrate: 2.5 mg per ml ( http://the-medical-dictionary.com/clonazepam_1086_article_1.htm ). By using this liquid Rx we can dilute it with just water and have the solution of 0.1 mg/ml for the taper.

This suggested liquid Rx would have the same characteristics like the suspension that I have now -Ora plus midia- the only difference would be the concentration right? -2.5 mg- .What I have now is 12x 1 mg pills in a 120 ml suspension ora plus (0.1 mg/ml). Then it would be mixed with water...

Not correct.  The Rx liquid is a concentrated true solution.  If you mix it with plain water, you then have a dilute true solution.