A short story

[Bo...]

Quick background:

1 year on Xanax 0.5-0.75 (1.5 sometimes)  hit tolerance and started having interdose withdrawals.

Dizziness , anxiety, severe panic attacks , stomach issues ... million other symptoms.

Decided to stop.

Switched to klonopin for one month 1mg first week, 0.75 second, 0.5 third week, 0.25 week 4 then jump.

Week 1 klonopin was bad, withdrawal continued from the Xanax. Week 2 at 0.75 klonopin started feeling better it was my most stable dose. 0.5 and 0.25 klonopin withdrawals came back but I pushed through it.

First week of jump was bad, symptoms continued and some got worst. Second week a little improvement by week 3 the fogginess lifted. Yes there is this fogginess that surrounded me , that I didn’t notice till it lifted. I started feeling myself again. Week 4 major improvement.

Dizziness and imbalance were my major symptoms. Week 5 dizziness started to lift and I was able to exercise. Week 6 balance and dizziness are gone.

Tinnitus and dry mouth are my only symptoms remaining.

My point:

All what you are experiencing is from the benzos. Making a decision to stop is the best decision ever.

There are no terror stories. It is challenging but at the end you will win. With every dose drop you are gaining. Full recovery will start when you stop the poison. You will notice improvement within 2 week

It is a long process BUT long process doesn’t mean long steady misery. It is a long process of gradual improvements. Please taper and stay away from benzos.

My advise from personal experience:

Don’t torture yourself. If you like coffee have coffee but little bit less than usual same for all other foods. Withdrawals will happen regardless. If you smoke it is ok. Don’t introduce new changes to the brain.

Swimming is your best friend if you know how to swim. That will be possible by week 5.

Please don’t think that this is forever. The body is designed to heal itself. You will feel great and get back to baseline. Some symptoms will linger but I take that any day over living on benzos.

All my love to everyone on here. I know what you are going through ... it is temporary and shall pass!!!

Don’t forget to write your success story because you will have one soon !!!

Quick background:

1 year on Xanax 0.5-0.75 (1.5 sometimes)  hit tolerance and started having interdose withdrawals.

Dizziness , anxiety, severe panic attacks , stomach issues ... million other symptoms.

Decided to stop.

Switched to klonopin for one month 1mg first week, 0.75 second, 0.5 third week, 0.25 week 4 then jump.

Week 1 klonopin was bad, withdrawal continued from the Xanax. Week 2 at 0.75 klonopin started feeling better it was my most stable dose. 0.5 and 0.25 klonopin withdrawals came back but I pushed through it.

First week of jump was bad, symptoms continued and some got worst. Second week a little improvement by week 3 the fogginess lifted. Yes there is this fogginess that surrounded me , that I didn’t notice till it lifted. I started feeling myself again. Week 4 major improvement.

Dizziness and imbalance were my major symptoms. Week 5 dizziness started to lift and I was able to exercise. Week 6 balance and dizziness are gone.

Tinnitus and dry mouth are my only symptoms remaining.

My point:

All what you are experiencing is from the benzos. Making a decision to stop is the best decision ever.

There are no terror stories. It is challenging but at the end you will win. With every dose drop you are gaining. Full recovery will start when you stop the poison. You will notice improvement within 2 week

It is a long process BUT long process doesn’t mean long steady misery. It is a long process of gradual improvements. Please taper and stay away from benzos.

My advise from personal experience:

Don’t torture yourself. If you like coffee have coffee but little bit less than usual same for all other foods. Withdrawals will happen regardless. If you smoke it is ok. Don’t introduce new changes to the brain.

Swimming is your best friend if you know how to swim. That will be possible by week 5.

Please don’t think that this is forever. The body is designed to heal itself. You will feel great and get back to baseline. Some symptoms will linger but I take that any day over living on benzos.

All my love to everyone on here. I know what you are going through ... it is temporary and shall pass!!!

Don’t forget to write your success story because you will have one soon !!!

Congrats for the quick recovery !

Did you suffer dp/dr or depression during your WD ?

And you mention smoking, did you smoke ?

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
The funny part this topic was moved and tucked away from success stories, because someone thinks there are dates and rules to everything.

• 2 weeks later...