Jim - Please helt with titration

[...]

Hi Jim!

I ran across you on this forum and saw how you have helped others with titration. I know noting about titration and I am worst of math, I have tried to understand it but i feel lost. Can you please give me your advise and help with this. I have been taken Xanax for 9 years and I have been tapering since May. When I reach 0,25 I hit the wall. I like to try titration down to zero. My current dose is 0,25 mg Xanax -  0,125 two times a day.

- How much alkohol to add to the solution?

- How much water to add to the alcohol-dissolved benzo (0,25 mg Xanax)?

- If I want to prepare a solution for 10 days - how much water and alcohol and xanor?

- How much solution shall I draw up each time?

Cloe  :smitten:

10 day supply for a .25mg starting dose:

2.5mgs + 5ml vodka + 20mls water.

That's 25mls (2.5mg), .1mg per ml, and approx a 10 day supply.

You always need 2ml vodka for each mg of benzo.

Hi cloe :smitten:

In May 2018 you were taking 3 x 0.5 mg Xanax per day. About 5 months later, you are taking 2 x 0.125 mg per day. From a dose reduction viewpoint it's about 7.8% reduction every 14 days. The general recommendations are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days, that means your reduction pace is within the range. The point is that what you have been doing is known as reduction by tablet splitting.

Many unaware buddies taper by tablet splitting. With this method you can taper at best a quarter of a tablet at a time. This taper method depends uniquely on the ability of the person to split a tablet to 4 equal parts but does not take into consideration the impact of the cut to the organism that badly tolerates cut in the order of 25%, 33%, 50%. Knowing that further splitting the tablet to 8 or 16 smaller parts is nearly impossible, tablet splitting is probably amongst the less indicated methods to taper benzo. If you want to know more why you amongst others have hit the wall, have look here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204178.0

What to do then? Micro taper with either Dry cut or Liquid taper. For dry cut you will need a precision gram scale to weigh out the needed dose from a number of tablets previously reduced to powder. With liquid taper, it is preferable that you start with a doctor prescribed Alprazolam solution (ALPRAZOLAM CONCENTRATE SOLUTION - ORAL). But if you don't have a Rx liquid, you can transform your tablets to liquid via a solvent (Eg: Vodka) to be then diluted with water to make up the right volume. Another way is to get a compound solution directly prepared by your pharmacist. With liquid taper, you will draw up the needed dose by using a syringe. Liquid Taper is more accurate from a dose measuring viewpoint.

For both methods it is recommended to follow a taper schedule previously established based on the general recommendations to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days. It is also recommended to taper on a DAILY BASIS to minimize withdrawal symptoms.

- How much alkohol to add to the solution?

10 tablets of 0.25 mg + 5 ml of Vodka 40% alcohol (80 proof)

- How much water to add to the alcohol-dissolved benzo (0,25 mg Xanax)?

+ 20 ml of plain water

- If I want to prepare a solution for 10 days - how much water and alcohol and xanor?

Point 1 and 2 will give together 25 ml of final solution, concentration of benzo 0.1 mg/ml,  enough for 10 days

- How much solution shall I draw up each time?

Go here: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/ and input the following data:

Lg3y9Ho.png

Submit and you can see your complete schedule.

Hope I answered your question.

:hug:

Thank you Jim. I have another question (maybe stupid)  :). When I take my doses - t ex the first one 1,49 ml - what to do then? Do I add water to this small amount or take it directly in my mouth.  :smitten:

Hi cloe :smitten:

There is no stupid questions when it comes to benzo taper.

1. You draw up 1.49 ml with a syringe

2. You inject the amount directly in your mouth ans swallow it

3. You rinse the syringe by drawing up a full syringe of plain water and inject it to your mouth. You swallow it.

4. You repeat point 3 once more

Points 3 and 4 are meant to not leave any residual benzo in the syringe.

Hope I answered your question.

:hug: