Vodka Valium/diazepam LDMT bad reaction-why?/help?

[ma...]

I want to taper off 3mg of Valium. My psychiatrist said to take 2.5 for a month and we’ll go from there. He said 8-12 months total to taper. This first drop seemed too large all at once so I wanted to try a smaller incremental taper down. I have 2mg pills and can only cut them into 1/4 (.5mg). So I decided to make a vodka solution and try the LDMT at a 10% reduction every 14 days.

I took my first dose of vodka/Valium solution last night at bedtime. 1.25 tablets plus 4.8ml of liquid solution (diluted after with water, still tasted bad!). I had an awful night’s sleep. Just a typical “bad night” for me which is my main issue. Haven’t had one of those in a long time though. Feeling very poorly today.

I believe I read a change in Valium dose couldn’t be felt in 1 day, not to mention in just one night.

So what happened?

All psychosomatic? A coincidence? Stress from tapering?

-Could I have had a physical negative reaction to the vodka solution (milk isn’t an option for me)?

-Or to the liquid form itself?

Should I try the liquid again tonight? Cut again or hold?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I believe I read a change in Valium dose couldn’t be felt in 1 day, not to mention in just one night.

Thank you!

Correct.  Give your plan a little more time.

Thank you!

Correct.  Give your plan a little more time.

I know you are a big proponent of the LDMT. It seems so great, but the liquid dose was around 1/5 my whole dose. Could this be too much liquid to start? Too much for my body to get used to? I’m a huge believer in psychosomatic illness and stress on the nervous system playing a big role in w/d, so if you say it’s stress related I’ll believe it. But if there’s a chance the liquid dose could affect me negatively because it’s too “soluble” or that it’s in alcohol... perhaps a dry cut method would be better for me. Thank you for your reply and any other advice.

But if there’s a chance the liquid dose could affect me negatively because it’s too “soluble”

No.  How could it be "too soluble"?  ::)

or that it’s in alcohol... perhaps a dry cut method would be better for me. 

Have you ever displayed an unusual sensitivity to alcohol?

I'm always amazed that on the old Benzo Detox Recovery board, where all members (hundreds, maybe thousands) were doing some form of liquid titration of off a variety of benzos, no one ever reported any difficulty or issue switching to liquid.  It seems to be exclusively a Benzo Buddies phenomenon.  ::)

Did you take the liquid on an empty stomach? Was it 4.8 mL of vodka that you then diluted with water? How much water did you dilute it with?

15 minutes is much too soon for any drug to enter your system from swallowing. Except of course for alcohol, where 15 minutes to reach your system sounds just about right. If not sooner. My solution is such that each dose is about 1.5 mL alcohol. And I can kind of feel the alcohol after I take a dose. And I'm no lightweight when it comes to alcohol.

I ask about the empty stomach because that's kind of what it sounds like, the burping and weird feeling.

And now for some subliminal messaging.... it will work... it will work... it will work...  :thumbsup:

But if there’s a chance the liquid dose could affect me negatively because it’s too “soluble”

No.  How could it be "too soluble"?  ::)

or that it’s in alcohol... perhaps a dry cut method would be better for me. 

Have you ever displayed an unusual sensitivity to alcohol?

I'm always amazed that on the old Benzo Detox Recovery board, where all members (hundreds, maybe thousands) were doing some form of liquid titration of off a variety of benzos, no one ever reported any difficulty or issue switching to liquid.  It seems to be exclusively a Benzo Buddies phenomenon.  ::)

By too soluble I meant too easily/quickly metabolized, I guess, or in a more “pure” state without fillers, digestion, etc.

I have had a sensitivity to alcohol. A few drinks would give me a trip to the ER level hangovers. I quit drinking 5 years ago because of this. I was later told it was more “extenuating circumstances” due to a very low-no carb diet/low calories, plus a dysregulated nervous system. Needless to say I eat differently now. More carbs and calories. :)

I hear you about the results on the other board! I’m not trying to be a “sheeple” on this at all. I didn’t even read any bad things about the liquid before I tried it. But wow! Something sure felt very different in my brain about 15 minutes after taking it. It also sat very oddly in my stomach, burping it, etc. I ascertain from your response you feel it was a psychosomatic response to something different than my usual routine and the start of a taper which can be stressful. I will try it again soon and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Did you take the liquid on an empty stomach? Was it 4.8 mL of vodka that you then diluted with water? How much water did you dilute it with?

15 minutes is much too soon for any drug to enter your system from swallowing. Except of course for alcohol, where 15 minutes to reach your system sounds just about right. If not sooner. My solution is such that each dose is about 1.5 mL alcohol. And I can kind of feel the alcohol after I take a dose. And I'm no lightweight when it comes to alcohol.

I ask about the empty stomach because that's kind of what it sounds like, the burping and weird feeling.

And now for some subliminal messaging.... it will work... it will work... it will work...  :thumbsup:

I take my dose right before bed with a little water. I’m already half asleep anyway so a little water is all I want. 2-3 hour empty stomach. 

The vodka was 4ml to 16ml of water plus 2mg Valium tablet. So 1:4 vodka dilution plus the extra water I added to the 4.8ml vodka water Valium solution. So I had 1ml or so of very diluted vodka. Okay, I’m just being weird. That’s fine.  :idiot: I’ve accepted this is a mental roadblock. But still not totally convinced the liquid isn’t different from the tablets in terms of body acceptance.

Thank you for the positive vibes! :)

I have had a sensitivity to alcohol. A few drinks would give me a trip to the ER level hangovers. I quit drinking 5 years ago because of this. 

Now that would be a logical explanation for your reaction. ::)

Why don't you just switch to PG?

I have had a sensitivity to alcohol. A few drinks would give me a trip to the ER level hangovers. I quit drinking 5 years ago because of this. 

Now that would be a logical explanation for your reaction. ::)

Why don't you just switch to PG?

Yay! Logic! I will try PG.  :thumbsup:

Obviously I really want this method to work for its ease. My PDoc thinks it’s unnecessary to microtaper and won’t rx liquid Valium (Roxane at this stage at least. I just wanted  to have .25mg doses for smaller cuts. Micro-tapering wasn’t on my mind and probably isn’t even necessary with Valium anyway, but a nice option. Coming from my previous Xanax taper, which was crazy/convoluted and multidosed with compounded liquid, I do realize Valium is about as different as can be.