Anyone had a bad reaction to own solution but ok with pharmacy solution?

[Me...]

I had a bad reaction when I tried to make my own oral solution of clonazepam last week. Which left me thinking that my body can’t tolerate the liquid. My psychiatrist said that with a pharmacy oral  solution it would be pretty much exactly the same as taking pills and that it should work.

I just wondered if anyone had had a difficult experience with taking their own liquid solution but found it ok with the pharmacy solution? I’m scared about trying it again but so want the liquid method to work.

Thanks so much

:smitten:

Thanks Bella, my psychiatrist has prescribed the Rx solution but I’m tentative about trying it since my reaction to the homemade solution was bad. I just thought I’d see if anyone had better success with the Rx over homemade.

Hi Mermaid2 :smitten:

I would not hesitate to have a go with the prescribed Rx solution. Perhaps it can give a better result. What is the benzo concentration of it (mg/ml)? From the listed components, is there any presence of Ethanol (alcohol) or Propylene Glycol used as solvent?

:hug:

Thanks so much for your replies.

Jim, I haven’t yet picked up the prescription but it is a 0.5mg/5ml solution. I gather it does have ethanol in it which is a shame - I will double check this when I have it, but from reading online it says that it does contain it.

I’m not terribly optimistic to be honest, given my last reaction and having now stabilised again on pills...