cymbalta

[th...]

Anyone had any luck with this.  Need it for depression and anxiety.  Hope help with sleep?  Any comments?  Thank you!

the worst thing I could ever took. Horrible withdrawal because you cannot cut small peaces of the capsules. Do not touch that.

Its not made for depression and anxiety its just another trap called medication. just my opinion.

not the best antidepressant i have tried found it too stimulating. I had better experiences with zoloft/celexa/lexapro. but everyone is different

Stay away from it....it's wicked poison.  Once you get on, it's terribly difficult to get off.  Tapering and withdrawal from it is harder and longer than benzos, for me, anyway. 

• 2 months later...

Everyone is different.

I've tried quite a few AD and cymbalta was the only relief

Tapering off can be hard but you do it by opening the capsule and taking a few beads out. Its not an exact science and you will get WD symp. But in my opinion they're not even close to benzo WD

I tapered off 150mg Effexor in 3 months. Dizzy and nauseated the whole time and couldn't work, but it was nothing compared to klonopin.

Cymbalta I found even easier to taper because it comes as low as 20mg. I was able to work during my cymbalta taper

But of course everyone is different.

[de...]

Everyone is different.

I've tried quite a few AD and cymbalta was the only relief

Tapering off can be hard but you do it by opening the capsule and taking a few beads out. Its not an exact science and you will get WD symp. But in my opinion they're not even close to benzo WD

I tapered off 150mg Effexor in 3 months. Dizzy and nauseated the whole time and couldn't work, but it was nothing compared to klonopin.

Cymbalta I found even easier to taper because it comes as low as 20mg. I was able to work during my cymbalta taper

But of course everyone is different.

Agree  :thumbsup:

only one that worked for me years ago, calmed me lots and slept better,

and opening the capsules helped back then,

and withdrawal was short.    :thumbsup:

I'm tapering Cymbalta by weighing the beads and reducing by 10% a month.  It's awful.....just as bad if not worse than the benzo taper.  And I have 2-3 years of tapering ahead of me and then years of recovery to follow.  This stuff is rat poison.

Stay away from it....it's wicked poison.  Once you get on, it's terribly difficult to get off.  Tapering and withdrawal from it is harder and longer than benzos, for me, anyway.

You were tapering both Valium and Cymbalta at the same time it looks. When we taper two drugs at the same time, it's hard to know what causes what.

You were tapering both Valium and Cymbalta at the same time it looks. When we taper two drugs at the same time, it's hard to know what causes what.

I've been off of benzos for a year and am still having a brutal Cymbalta taper.  It's rat poison.

I'm tapering Cymbalta by weighing the beads and reducing by 10% a month.  It's awful.....just as bad if not worse than the benzo taper.  And I have 2-3 years of tapering ahead of me and then years of recovery to follow.  This stuff is rat poison.

I'm so so sorry!!

• 5 weeks later...

Stories of scores of people trying to get off of Cymbalta are recounted at www.cymbaltawithdrawal.com and on the Facebook page, Cymbalta Hurts Worse.  For me and many others, Cymbalta withdrawal is as bad or worse than benzo withdrawal.  I realize that's not everyone's story, but Cymbalta is known to be one of the hardest to get off of.  I'm thankful for the support groups on the pages I mentioned as they have been helpful in the hellish experience of trying to get off of this poison.  My personality has totally disintegrated along with a myriad of other symptoms that are different from benzo withdrawal, but just as bad.  Sort of like a different kind of bad LSD trip.

For those that didn't have this experience, count your blessings.

Cymbalta has a very short half-life.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=KlBNXIXOK7P89AOF34KIDg&q=duloxetine+half+life&btnK=Google+Search&oq=duloxetine+half+life&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30l9.495.7113..7384...8.0..1.270.3290.14j13j2......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0i10j0i13j0i13i30.e_cnFqnPr20

Elimination: Duloxetine has an elimination half-life of about 12 hours (range 8 to 17 hours) and its pharmacokinetics are dose proportional over the therapeutic range. Steady-state is usually achieved after 3 days.

My doctor tried to put me on this and I heard that it was a drug from hell don’t do it. Read the horror stories online. Research and stories are my only means of deciding weather to take a med now

God Bless :smitten:

The only antidepressant that ever did anything useful for me was Prozac, but I can't take it anymore because of benzo damage.

Me to actually I was on Prozac 10MG and felt great. My last quack only gave me a month supply and cold turkeyed me off of it when I told her it worked and gave me Effexor poison but I didn’t take it because I did my research. She got me into all of this mess I hope she’s happy

• 2 weeks later...

Its just goes to show how everyone is different with ADs just like they are with benzos

Prozac made me black out and I attacked my brother when I was on it, I remember NONE of it. I lost a full 2 weeks of my memory even though I only took a few doses (thankfully my mom knew enough to take me off of it)

Effexor and cymbalta have been some of the few that have worked for me, the WDs are bad, but again I wouldnt put them anywhere near close to what my rapid taper of K was. 

A lot of people switch to Prozac to get off of other ADs because of the long half life, much like ashton method.

For me I've needed an AD or I would not be here