Three Years Benzo Free

[Be...]

All,

Today marks the third anniversary since I tapered to zero.  I seldom think about this anymore and have not logged into BB during the last year.  I am posting now to mark the occasion and also to create a positive thread for those of you still in the process of withdrawal or post withdrawal.  My withdrawal process is documented at the link in my signature.  It took a long year to complete the process using the water titration method and then it was perhaps another year before I felt that I was more or less completely recovered.  At this point three years down the road I can say with certainty that there are no lingering symptoms.  I am coping so much better with anxiety using alternative techniques than I ever did with medication.  Honestly, I think that naturally anxious people such as myself will always deal with some level of anxiety.  The decision to take personal control and utilize the tools out there (i.e. meditation, yoga, exercise, diet, etc.) is a big one and a path unto itself that takes time and perseverance.  My sleep is so much improved and that facilitates an upward cycle since anxiety is less present or persistent when you have had a good night of sleep.  Good luck and best wishes to those of you withdrawing.  It's a very difficult process that is well worth it.  There is light at the end of the tunnel and once you reach it you will look back with a feeling of accomplishment and a greatly improved life going forward.

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back here and share your success especially that you seldom think of this anymore. I’m naturally very anxious too and your post gives me hope. I know it’ll be a lot more work but having gone through this I think I’ll be able to handle it. Congrats to you and your benzo free life.

This is encouraging news...congratulations! It is great to hear from folks who have recovered. May your life be peaceful and well.

With gratitude,

Carita

Ben800,

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for coming back to write your success story. Success stories such as  yours give me and those who are still struggling hope that we will also recover when the right time comes. 

May your life continue to be full of joy, peace and wellness!

Blessings!

Pi