TEVA Brand Clonazepam Wafers

[br...]

Hello! Like some of you, I have been on TEVA brand clonazepam for most of the 13 years that I've been on the med. I still have some TEVA and have been slow incorporating their newly acquired brand, Activas. Even taking .5mg of that and 2 mg of TEVA has been hard on me. Headaches, stomach aches, dizziness. Brain fog.

I read that TEVA still makes their orally disintegrating tablet--or wafer as it's known. I am desperate. Every time I've been switched to a different generic (it doesn't matter what the generic is), my body freaks out. The most disappointing thing was when I decided "ENOUGH!" with the generics and went on Brand name Klonopin. It worked great and even allowed me to do dry cuts and go down from 4mg to 2mg. And then it went off the market for 6 months. By the time it was "ready" again, I had a reaction to it and immediately demanded to be put back on TEVA.

I'm devastated that they have discontinued this med. I am hoping and praying that the wafers will be easier to tolerate. I heard that the wafers are more easily absorbed, work more quickly, and may not require as much processing from the liver. Does anybody have experience with this? My goal is to get back to my taper, but right now, I need to get stabilized on SOMETHING!!! Thanks for your input!

• 1 year later...
So what are you taking now?  Have you tried the new tevas they brought back?  Are they the same?  I am switching from mylan and started switching to actavis which they discontinued and it’s weak so I’m going with brand name.  I hate mylan for doing this I still have .25 mg of mylan to get rid of and all I can say is that it’s not easy.  Then I’ll have to switch out .5 mg actavis after that.  These drug companies don’t seem to understand how much trouble they cause when they just stop making a benzo people have been taking for years.  It’s unprofessional and irresponsible at the very least shame on these companies like mylan who don’t care about the people they actually make the medication for they just care about the dollar.  That’s why mylan told me it was a business decision and that’s all I can get out of them.  I urge everyone to call mylan and ask them to bring back any benzo you were on weather it was clonazepam or Ativan.  As far as I know they still make Xanax and Valium which makes no sense.