Ideas on titrating multiple doses.

[...]

I am contemplating the idea of going into this part of my taper plan using this method. I have been dry cutting from 1 mg since April to now ,and I am at a little less than 0.5 mg of Lorazepam a day in 4 or 5 doses. How to go when you have so many dosages around the day ?. I take an early one around 5 or 6 Am now , another around 9 -10 AM ,then another around 1 PM and finally around 3-4 PM . I have tried to eliminate the mid day dose and the late afternoon ,but I suffered too many withdraws . I would appreciate some points of view. Thanks.

I am contemplating the idea of going into this part of my taper plan using this method. I have been dry cutting from 1 mg since April to now ,and I am at a little less than 0.5 mg of Lorazepam a day in 4 or 5 doses. How to go when you have so many dosages around the day ?. I take an early one around 5 or 6 Am now , another around 9 -10 AM ,then another around 1 PM and finally around 3-4 PM . I have tried to eliminate the mid day dose and the late afternoon ,but I suffered to much withdraws . I would appreciate some points of view. Thanks.

hi Tino,

i know that for me, having unequal doses was not good.

if you are willing to make titrated multiple doses, then i think that it's a good idea...it will keep your benzo/blood levels even and perhaps that will be a good way for you to go.

just don't make big cuts to all the doses (yeah, you already know this)....i think you could just mix up one big titration for the day, make the day's small cut and split it into the appropriate number of doses for you.  I think that i have read that some members titrate like this.  I think that's what buddy named "John" does.

good luck,

love, truck

I saw someone get advice to make a liquid batch and sip it during the day.

when i tried titrating, that's what my doc told me to do....it's a good idea (but IMO, she is a real idiot...but i still think mixing the whole batch and keeping the dose levels equal is a great idea)

Thanks Truck and Sun

I was thinking that if I crash a 0.5 mg , dilute it , I mean mix it with the water or milk and then taking a tablespoon or 1 ml from that and dividing the mix in 4 doses( hard to explain at work what I am doing , and how to carry this mix) I figured I could buy those little bottles that have like energy drinks or something like that and take them with me and just say that I am just taking an energy drink  :D

Will see, I have a 100 ml syringe and I can just use it , fill it up with the liquid , mix it with the crashed pill and then discard ( how many ml's a day ? ) That is the part I don't get  and then divide the rest in 4 doses. Hmmm I'll figure it out.Thanks again and give me your input.

Thanks Truck and Sun

I was thinking that if I crash a 0.5 mg , dilute it , I mean mix it with the water or milk and then taking a tablespoon or 1 ml from that and dividing the mix in 4 doses( hard to explain at work what I am doing , and how to carry this mix) I figured I could buy those little bottles that have like energy drinks or something like that and take them with me and just say that I am just taking an energy drink  :D

Will see, I have a 100 ml syringe and I can just use it , fill it up with the liquid , mix it with the crashed pill and then discard ( how many ml's a day ? ) That is the part I don't get  and then divide the rest in 4 doses. Hmmm I'll figure it out.Thanks again and give me your input.

tino,

i used these little bottle that are used to store mixed baby formula or breast milk.  you can get these bottles in the baby section of walmart...i guess near the formula.

yes, i used  a 100ml syringe and i used a mortar and pestle.  Actually, hubby did the chemistry.

If you need any titartion gear, let me know, i have links to all of this stuff that i can send to you by pm.

take care,

truck

Thanks Truck , I am going to take a good look to this alternative now. I think I am in such a rush ( wrong way to go here) that I want to do a bit quicker , but then I better remember what happened in the last 2 weeks, so , as I think I have stabilize now, I need to plan the next step, so titration is a very good option  and a way to experiment how I do , will see. Thanks for the tips about the baby bottles I will take a look to that .  ;)

if I had known about liquid ativan I would have tried to get that first before doing the titration. That option is open too.

Sun,

congrats on your latest cut.  I'm cutting today too.  You could till switch to liquid ativan if you wanted couldn't you?

That was suggested to me too , thinks is how do I convince my Dr. to do this, prescribed the liquid Ativan , I will ask my shrink , I have an appointment this week , but he is benzo phobic!!! so I 'm sure the idea is not going to go well. I don't see my regular doctor for another 6 months. HmMMM ::)