clonazepam 0.1-mg/ml liquid taper advice needed. PLEASE!

[Ne...]

Hello! meeting with DR. on 10/12/18 to discuss another taper attempt with this method.  Previous try had unrealistic reductions with no supervision and of course disastrous results. I am stable now and we are willing to educate ourselves and try again. I am patient and disciplined and want the most tolerable taper possible. I would appreciate any advice before starting. I take .05 at bedtime and .05 in AM. I  would like to cut no more than 10% monthly and adjust to 10% of remaining dose but have concerns about fractional cuts with this method. THANK YOU  in advance for all your much needed advice in the upcoming months!

• 2 weeks later...

Would recommend using propylene glycol to develop a solution, then dilute with water.

You will need 2ml of Propylene Glycol per 1mg of Clonazepam. If you dilute that with 8ml of water, you have a solution with .1mg per 1ml. You can order propylene glycol and 1ml oral syringes off of Amazon.

What I do:

Grind up 5mg of clonazepam (which is ten 0.5mg tablets). I put that into 10ml of propylene glycol. Then, I add 40ml of water. If you lower your dose by .002mg per day (approx 8%/2 weeks), you daily dose schedule would be:

.4mg          4ml

.398mg      3.98ml

.396mg      3.96ml

.394mg      3.94ml

.392mg      3.92ml

etc...

Hope this helps

As noted in my signature info, I tried dry-cutting, failed at .375 mg, then switched to Valium which was HORRIBLE for me, and am now trying VERY SLOW liquid titration with Klon.  I re-stabilized after failed attempts at 4 mg, way higher than before I started true deliberate taper.

Being confused about all of this I decided to aim for going off 4 mg with 400 cuts (.01 mg per day) knowing that at the end I may need to go even slower.

Using water (which I understand Klon. not completely soluble in) I have just tapered from 4 mg to 3.5 mg in 50 days, reducing morning dose.  (Still taking rest of doses in pill form.)  Resting for a few days then will start next cut, another .5 mg in 50 cuts, this time at midday dose. 

Liquid titration has worked well for me, even using water.  BUT from what I have read I guess it would be helpful to switch to Propolene glycol because even at a total 12.5% cut IN 50 DAYS I am now experiencing wd symptoms. 

The idea behind using PG is that each daily reductions will be more accurate and cause less problems than titrating with water, correct?  I cannot have vodka and do not want to deal with milk.

So I am planning to try the method posted below by Spotrocker.  Thanks for providing the info!  AND any feedback or encouragement regarding my plan would be appreciated.  Thanks  :)

Would recommend using propylene glycol to develop a solution, then dilute with water.

You will need 2ml of Propylene Glycol per 1mg of Clonazepam. If you dilute that with 8ml of water, you have a solution with .1mg per 1ml. You can order propylene glycol and 1ml oral syringes off of Amazon.

Hope this helps

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: