Pulsatile Tinnitus

[92...]

[92...]

Hi!  :smitten:

Two months after my ordeal  started with my first benzo crash-I took a benzo for two weeks and then CT  :D - then after a while and having my doctor prescribe other meds I got pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear. I have to say that my wife had had a cold and and I got it from her at that time. So far it has diminish a little bit but tapering clonazepan since April this year has been a roller coaster and so my tinnitus. I've read a lot of articles where benzo withdrawal can cause tinnitus but the kind that is more of a ring or constant noise and not the pulsatile that shows like a swooshing sound and is in sync with your hearth beat.  I'm still in doubt if the problem was due to the benzo but I don't disregard the possibility. I've read that after a CT or while on withdrawal may cause your entire nervous system to be in such overdrive condition that makes you be more sensitive to noises and light besides other weird problems.

Please, let me know of your experience with this issue.

Thanks in advance! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello -

I've been on Xanax for 4 years, 1mg morning, 1mg night, 1/2 if I'm going into a crowded social situation as needed. The ear ringing started about a year ago for me. I just started tapering, and it seems to be a little louder. It's always been constant, as you say. I need an ipod at night to sleep, which works great! But even sitting here in my empty house, Alexa and music really do help out.

Good Luck!

• 1 year later...