2.5mg Ativan x 2 per day

[Ke...]

Apologies if my query has already been covered. I cant find any posts of people taking as much Ativan as I am. At a total of 5mg per day. Im also taking 900mg Seroquel and an anti depressant. I want to taper off all of them eventually. But figure I wil begin with Ativan.

My reasoning is that Ativan gave me insomnia. So the dr prescribed an anti depressant which helps me sleep. Plus I no longer need the anti psychotic but the Seroquel also gives me good sleep. So it makes sense to me to start with Ativan. I have been on 5mg per day for 5 years. A very long time I know. But its been needed believe me. But life is improving and I hate the idea of something going wrong and not having access to those meds. So I am asking for advice.

Would people recommend a very slow tapering schedule off Ativan? I was told by one person to take a year to do it real slow. O I take 2.5mg before bed to help me sleep. Ironic I know. And 2.5mg at 3am when I always wake up. I dont want to mess with my sleep so can anyone give me advice on tapering off my morning dose?

Thank you

[94...]

You're taking a rather hefty dose of Seroquel and antipsychotics can have all sorts of long-term consequences.

If I were you, I'd start there or at least lower that dose before tackling the benzo.

Regarding the Ativan, you could reduce your dose by .25mg every 1-2 weeks until you reach 2.5mg daily.