LDMT fails in my system. Hrrrgggh!

[in...]

My system rejects LDMT crossover from Valium tablet.  I've tried vodka, now milk. They have failed me. I'll try PG but I expect no difference.

I'm really disheartened by this. I don't even take a cut. Only equivalent amount properly made, given a full week and after several days I realize

I'm feeling awful.

Do others have this reaction? Why is it?

Don't know what to do.

Infoshare.

Some say it takes a while to adjust. Maybe give it a month or try a small updose. I think we metabolize the liquid faster since our body  doesn’t have to break down the tablet. I don’t know if this is true or not. Just a guess. I tried doing liquid twice and it was horrible. I got relief as soon as I took the tablet again.

I would never be able to handle a month. It starts out subtle, and builds and builds til I can't take it, 5 days or so.

Updose turns out to be kinda rough too witht the liquid.

Infoshare.

When i switched to liquid i had an increase in withdrawals also, what about doing half your dose in pill form and the other half in liquid. It is sometimes recommended to do a slight up dose to compensate for this crossover so you would taper from that new rate.

When i switched to liquid i had an increase in withdrawals also, what about doing half your dose in pill form and the other half in liquid. It is sometimes recommended to do a slight up dose to compensate for this crossover so you would taper from that new rate.

Yes I was taking night tablet 2mg and the daytime tablet was liquified. How much of an updose would one do? 2.5, or even 3mg? Or smaller. Stabilize on that, then

start the micro cuts from that? Is that how many do it?

You had w/d when you switched. Was that with the updose? How much updose please, and how bad were w/d? Thanks

I'd like do use the vodka, easier, and you can tell it's dissolved and sit on counter. Milk is a little more complicated.

Really want LDMT to work for me.

I could not tolerate the liquid either. You can do a dry cut micro taper with Gem-20 scale and 2mg V tablets.

Did you updose and still got w/d?

Where is the dry micro taper group. I've only seen bits n pieces. Are you dry cutting now?

thanks

infoshare.

Yes I was taking night tablet 2mg and the daytime tablet was liquified. How much of an updose would one do? 2.5, or even 3mg? Or smaller. Stabilize on that, then

start the micro cuts from that? Is that how many do it?

You had w/d when you switched. Was that with the updose? How much updose please, and how bad were w/d? Thanks

I'd like do use the vodka, easier, and you can tell it's dissolved and sit on counter. Milk is a little more complicated.

Really want LDMT to work for me.

I didnt do an updose the withdrawal symptoms were manageable and i also used vodka, I would suggest a 10% updose then stabilize and continue with taper.

I could not tolerate the liquid either. You can do a dry cut micro taper with Gem-20 scale and 2mg V tablets.

Are you doing a dry cut micro taper now? How is it? When you tried LDMT did you updose at first at all?

Thanks

Infoshare

Yes dry cut micro taper works well with Valium and 2mg Tablet’s once you are closer to the end.

I'm a week in to my DLMT and am using it in conjunction with my V tablets. My dosing is 4mg tablets morning, 3mg tablet and 1mg liquid in the afternoon and 4mg tablet in the evening. I'm tapering the liquid portion at 0.5mg a month which is approx a 4% reduction. It's conservative atm but I've not had a problem yet but it's early days and I'm only down 0.2mg on the afternoon dose.

I'm hoping by introducing a liquid element to the taper that my body gets used to it while still having the vast majority in tablet form so that when the liquid is the majority I will be well used to it.

That's the plan but we will see how it goes. Very early days so nothing to report yet.

Staz

Yes dry cut micro taper works well with Valium and 2mg Tablet’s once you are closer to the end.

I'm a week in to my DLMT and am using it in conjunction with my V tablets. My dosing is 4mg tablets morning, 3mg tablet and 1mg liquid in the afternoon and 4mg tablet in the evening. I'm tapering the liquid portion at 0.5mg a month which is approx a 4% reduction. It's conservative atm but I've not had a problem yet but it's early days and I'm only down 0.2mg on the afternoon dose.

I'm hoping by introducing a liquid element to the taper that my body gets used to it while still having the vast majority in tablet form so that when the liquid is the majority I will be well used to it.

That's the plan but we will see how it goes. Very early days so nothing to report yet.

Staz

This is more like I use it as well.

My system went wild with all liquid.  I take most of my doses in pill form and very small amount in liquid.  i can still cut tiny amounts and get the benefits of the pills. 

I've used this kind os system for over a year and it works well for this body.

:)

SS

Staz

My system went wild with all liquid.  I take most of my doses in pill form and very small amount in liquid.  i can still cut tiny amounts and get the benefits of the pills. 

SS

:thumbsup:

Hi SufferingSixty :smitten:

That confirms a number of buddies just can not tolerate liquid, whatever it is and however small quantity they take. I'm wondering if it can be due to the so-called "reduced bioavailability" where our digestive system interprets differently drug when swallowed as a liquid or as a tablet. I learnt about this phenomenon by going through some specific threads in here where involved people estimated the loss to 5-10% when switching to liquid. Interestingly some others likened the switch to a cold-turkey interruption.

I'm happy that you have finally identified the taper method that best suits you. Again thanks for your information.

:hug:

Hi SufferingSixty :smitten:

That confirms a number of buddies just can not tolerate liquid, whatever it is and however small quantity they take. I'm wondering if it can be due to the so-called "reduced bioavailability" where our digestive system interprets differently drug when swallowed as a liquid or as a tablet. I learnt about this phenomenon by going through some specific threads in here where involved people estimated the loss to 5-10% when switching to liquid. Interestingly some others likened the switch to a cold-turkey interruption.

I'm happy that you have finally identified the taper method that best suits you. Again thanks for your information.

Yes Jim Hawk,

I added my information the poll you did here too.  (Thank you for all you do arund making liquid tapering available to us all)  The pharmacist I go to wasn't surprised and spoke of a difference between pills and liquid.

fwiw, with using mostly pills I get the benefit of both and am delighted I can measure going down .0003mg daily with the liquid!

It's great!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Jim & Ss

With what you have learned do you think there would something different about taking a capsule with powder or just emptying the powder weighing it and licking my finger and taking just the powder. Would this cause a different reaction? I am going to be tapering Librium. Perhaps I can try and figure out some portion of liquid to pills also.

Where is the dry cut micro taper group and info please?

When I tried ldmt valium I did not really updose. I suppose I could try updosing and stabilizing first in a while once I stabilize from my previous

efforts.

The others that failed ldmt valium did they updose before and it still made no diff?

Jim & Ss

With what you have learned do you think there would something different about taking a capsule with powder or just emptying the powder weighing it and licking my finger and taking just the powder. Would this cause a different reaction? I am going to be tapering Librium. Perhaps I can try and figure out some portion of liquid to pills also.

Jen I would ask Gardner, she's been tapering Librium for awhile and does a liquid taper I think.  She's super knowledgeable.  I do know that Librium is the only benzo that can dissolve in water so licking you finger should be fine, just don't know how accurate that might be.

SS

Jim & Ss

You could also put your powder into an empty capsule.

I have bought them in some shop but probably you can also get them at a pharmacy.

I am dry cutting and when I have little crumbs I sometimes put them into a capsule.

I do not use powder, but you could fold a piece of paper, making a little gutter this way, put your powder on it and let it slide into the capsule.

Hi Jlavogt :smitten:

do you think there would something different about taking a capsule with powder or just emptying the powder weighing it and licking my finger and taking just the powder. Would this cause a different reaction?

I'm not sure I understood correctly the question. Was it related to the material the capsule is made of and how this material impacts taper? If you could, please help clarify.

do you think there would something different about taking a capsule with powder or just emptying the powder weighing it and licking my finger and taking just the powder. Would this cause a different reaction?

I'm not sure I understood correctly the question. Was it related to the material the capsule is made of and how this material impacts taper? If you could, please help clarify.

Hi Jim

You were speaking in the difference in how the body reacts to tablets versus liquid. I am wondering if you would know anything about how the body would react to taking my Librium in the capsule or just when I am ready to microtaper opening the capsule and just taking the powder inside after weighing and adding my daily reduction. Would it still work just to take the powder straight in the tongue or would I need to take the time to recapsule it? I am one that doesn’t do well with liquid. Although I never tried mostly pills and just liquid for the reduction portion.

I see the point now.

I think there must be a reason why Librium is delivered in a capsule. I understand for certain meds the recipient helps protect the drug from stomach acids and it can take between 15-30 minutes to dissolve in the stomach. As many meds are designed to travel rapidly through the stomach to arrive to the small intestin where it will be better absorbed, the external protection could kind of shield the drug while transiting the stomach tract.

I have written something about it here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204001.msg2643631#msg2643631 . I would be glad if it can answer some of your queries.

I see the point now.

I think there must be a reason why Librium is delivered in a capsule. I understand for certain meds the recipient helps protect the drug from stomach acids and it can take between 15-30 minutes to dissolve in the stomach. As many meds are designed to travel rapidly through the stomach to arrive to the small intestin where it will be better absorbed, the external protection could kind of shield the drug while transiting the stomach tract.

I have written something about it here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204001.msg2643631#msg2643631 . I would be glad if it can answer some of your queries.

Jim Hawk,

Thanks for the link to your well reserched an presented findings about how some of things that we do affect absorption rate of medicine.  It's so important and I will be more aware of meals that include a lot of fat if I consume them just before I take a dose....

This explains many things to me that I experienced but could not research.

Thank you!

:):smitten:

SS