Stevie Nicks and why I think she should get more involved....

[...]

I know Stevie Nicks has talked and made public her benzo story , but I think and I wonder since she has many ways of reaching more people than anybody else if she would be interested in being more active in this battle, just think how many people would not be in the predicament that  we are, if people like her that were directly affected by this drugs would be more vocal and reach others and be like a spoke person for this. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the artist that she is , and maybe she has put all this behind , but just think how many lives she could save from going trough this ordeal. Just a though  ???

When I finally thought to Google what was happening to me, hers was the first story I found.  I read that it took her 47 days to detox, I knew I couldn't survive what was happening to me for 47 days!  What I didn't realize is that it would take a lot longer to heal, I didn't learn that until I found BenzoBuddies.  But at least her story was there and it finally gave a name to the nightmare I was living.  I say she's done enough, and I hope this is but a distant memory for her.

From what I understand...Stevie Nicks spent about two years fully recovering from her ordeal...spending alot of that time in seclusion.....she has openly stated that it ruined an entire decade of her life...her forties.....I know she has spoken out a few times about what happened to her....and I agree she could probably do a lot of things to bring about awareness...but I am guessing that is one chapter that may be too scary to continue to revisit....

Eminem apparently has won his battle with benzos..and now has a new CD out called Recovery..it will be interesting to see what he says about the battle with benzos....something tells me he may be a bit more outspoken about it...

TC