Bad reaction to LT. Please help

[c9...]

[c9...]
I did not have a good experience taking my .25mg dose of klonopin after having dissolved it in water. I usually take .25mg at midnight and in liquid form, it feels as if I'm taking an entirely different medicine. A couple of hours of drinking klonopin water, I had a severe central nervous system melt down. Does anyone know why this might happen? Does this mean I can't go a liquid taper? I really need this to work since big cuts are also very bad for my nervous system. Should I eat at the same time slow absorption? I was thinking if it was dissolved in coconut milk that the fat might make it slower in absorption and less shocking to my system? I don't know...

I did not have a good experience taking my .25mg dose of klonopin after having dissolved it in water

Thats because K, like most common benzos, is NOT water soluble.  So you have no way of knowing exactly how much K you actually took.  Chances are, it was very little, or even none at all.

Does this mean I can't go a liquid taper?

No, it means you must use a proper solvent to dissolve your tablet(s).  Most  folks use either vodka or propylene glycol to dissolve the benzo, then dilute that with water.  Or you can use milk (or other fatty emulsions like almond milk, soy milk, etc.)

[c9...]

I did not have a good experience taking my .25mg dose of klonopin after having dissolved it in water

Thats because K, like most common benzos, is NOT water soluble.  So you have no way of knowing exactly how much K you actually took.  Chances are, it was very little, or even none at all.

No, it means you must use a proper solvent to dissolve your tablet(s).  Most  folks use either vodka or propylene glycol to dissolve the benzo, then dilute that with water.  Or you can use milk (or other fatty emulsions like almond milk, soy milk, etc.)

I dissolved .25mg of klonopin and drank the whole thing without taking any out, so I know I consumed the whole .25mg. I think the problem is more so about the difference in absorption rate when consumed in liquid. Maybe it hits my bloodstream too fast.

I dissolved .25mg of klonopin and drank the whole thing without taking any out, so I know I consumed the whole .25mg. .

1)  No, you dropped the tablet into the water and watched it deconstruct and fall apart.  The K did NOT dissolve, guaranteed.

2)  If you dropped the tablet in the water, then drank all the water, that's no different than swallowing the tablet and chasing it with a glass of water.

[c9...]

I dissolved .25mg of klonopin and drank the whole thing without taking any out, so I know I consumed the whole .25mg. .

1)  No, you dropped the tablet into the water and watched it deconstruct and fall apart.  The K did NOT dissolve, guaranteed.

2)  If you dropped the tablet in the water, then drank all the water, that's no different than swallowing the tablet and chasing it with a glass of water.

Then I guess that doesn't explain why I have a bad reaction to drinking it after dissolving it in water.

I of course do NOT know why you had a reaction, but I DO know that 1)  K is NOT water-soluble, and 2)  dropping your tablet in a glass of water then drinking it  was not the cause.    ;)

"Clonazepam has a faint odour. Practically insoluble in water; slightly soluble in alcohol and in

methyl alcohol; sparingly soluble in acetone and in  chloroform; very slightly to slightly soluble in  ether."

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/pim326.htm#SectionTitle:3.3%20%20Physical%20properties

[c9...]

I of course do NOT know why you had a reaction, but I DO know that 1)  K is NOT water-soluble, and 2)  dropping your tablet in a glass of water then drinking it  was not the cause.    ;)

"Clonazepam has a faint odour. Practically insoluble in water; slightly soluble in alcohol and in

methyl alcohol; sparingly soluble in acetone and in  chloroform; very slightly to slightly soluble in  ether."

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/pim326.htm#SectionTitle:3.3%20%20Physical%20properties

So would coconut milk be ok?

Yup!

Builder is right.

Personally I find the alcohol route the best for dissolving my V as you can check it's all dissolved.

I'm not sure about Clon but he V tablets have filler in them that don't dissolve but the active ingredient does. I ignore the undissolved bits tbh.

I'd be interested in how you get on with coconut milk.

Good luck

Staz.