Valium to Librium

[Fr...]

When one drops a dose it is psychological too, and has a lot to do with expectations and anxiety.

This is why I think Librium is advantageous. It may be dropped reasonably by one 5 mg capsule at a time, all the way to 10 mg. I can't tell you how much empowerment and security this gave me on the way down.

And this: Even before I crossed over, I got reduced by 40% of my old dose in one 7 day period, under Dr care, and went on to cross and stabilize at all levels. So there is not as direct a relationship between reduction, time, and pain, as one might think, that's my experience. It was that way with stomach pain too. It doesn't double because you did something twice as fast. This is important to keep in mind.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fr...]

• [Du...]

• [Su...]

• [dr...]

Did it just take you about a month to stabilize at that 40% reduction when crossing? Did you have several symptoms when you crossed at a reduced rate? My last K cut was last Monday and now I am taking all Librium 30 mg a bit of an updose. I am having bad head pain, body pain, and a heaviness exhaustion. All of which I had before on K but several other symptoms have left.

Did it just take you about a month to stabilize at that 40% reduction when crossing? Did you have several symptoms when you crossed at a reduced rate? My last K cut was last Monday and now I am taking all Librium 30 mg a bit of an updose. I am having bad head pain, body pain, and a heaviness exhaustion. All of which I had before on K but several other symptoms have left.

Hi,

I can tell you that it took me exactly 2 months of Librium to stabilize from Xanax W/D, this is just my experience, it was like flipping a light switch at the two month mark I went from being a

total wreck to being "stable" started taking Librium on 8/14 and by 10/14 I can say I finally stabilized and now I feel that I'm able to really begin a legitimate taper without extreme suffering.

Wishing you the best.

T

Hi,

I can tell you that it took me exactly 2 months of Librium to stabilize from Xanax W/D, this is just my experience, it was like flipping a light switch at the two month mark I went from being a

total wreck to being "stable" started taking Librium on 8/14 and by 10/14 I can say I finally stabilized and now I feel that I'm able to really begin a legitimate taper without extreme suffering.

Wishing you the best.

T

That is helpful info. Can I ask why you started tapering before you were stable?

Just heard someone say symptom free and my mouth started to water lol..... doesn’t sound like many ppl switch over to Librium but seems like the few ppl that did really liked it. Surprised more ppl don’t witch to Librium instead of Valium. Did anyone find out if Librium comes in a tablet form?

Hi,

I asked my Doctor about why more people are not using Librium, and his reply was as follows "its a herd mentality, everyone crosses over to Valium because everyone is doing it" this was pretty much his exact response, and he told me that Valium lingers on in the system too long so he wont prescribe it, he also stated that he has had great success with using Librium to get people off more potent Benzos and Alcohol.

T

Hi,

Wishing you the best.

T

That is helpful info. Can I ask why you started tapering before you were stable?

I was impatient and ignorant now that I'm stable I can see my taper mistakes, like I stated this was my expereince, however I never felt stable until the 8 week mark,

and now I'm feeling much better.

T

Just looked at my sig and it seems that I got out of the hosp at 2.5 ativan, but I dropped another .5 ativan  in two weeks, and another .5 four days later. So I was on a very rapid reduction along with crossing over to 35 mg Librium, being coached by Drs. I think my crossover is not fully explained in my sig. It was fractions for a bit. I can't remember too much.

I really don't think I was in any more pain from these rapid reductions and I like to emphasize that you need to try it to find out. I reduced to 60% in hospital but I got down to 35%, taken care of in the next weeks, to begin nromally tapering that 35% of my historic dosage over about 17 months.

I didn't track symptoms too well. It was hell but it was an adventure and I think it would have been painful to be focused on it too much. Maybe that was just me, I don't know.

Just looked at my sig and it seems that I got out of the hosp at 2.5 ativan, but I dropped another .5 ativan  in two weeks, and another .5 four days later. So I was on a very rapid reduction along with crossing over to 35 mg Librium, being coached by Drs. I think my crossover is not fully explained in my sig. It was fractions for a bit. I can't remember too much.

I really don't think I was in any more pain from these rapid reductions and I like to emphasize that you need to try it to find out. I reduced to 60% in hospital but I got down to 35%, taken care of in the next weeks, to begin nromally tapering that 35% of my historic dosage over about 17 months.

I didn't track symptoms too well. It was hell but it was an adventure and I think it would have been painful to be focused on it too much. Maybe that was just me, I don't know.

How were your symptoms jumping and in the past two years?

How were your symptoms jumping and in the past two years?

I had my ups and downs. I notice that I could spend 3 months at a dosage, or 3-4 weeks. As soon as I jumped I had end of life processes for two parental persons. I don't know if my experience will be of any use to anyone. I have been in deep deep family dysfunction/abuse depressions, but also being very creative too. I feel like life is a stress test. I am confident that stresses can be healing too.

It's very hard to remember exactly the symptomological factors in my drops. It was not like that. It was a mood of resilience. FOr isntance I might feel better about going for my walk.

Anyway I think I am at 50 % or somewhere functionally. I don't have windows really. I use cannabis though.

The main thing that I found is that my joints and musculature left me alone while I tapered, but they hit me in the last year. I'm in PT and will be working out forever. I'm 58.

My anxiety is bad but it always was. My main goal is to get past all the family stuff, let it be for another year or two and have some real emotional healing.

Thank you for sharing. I see a lot of PT in my future as well. My muscles are very atrophied. You are a warrior. Be well! :)

You too bud! You made a great decision about Librium. It has been undervalued, in the world and here. It's a more humane way to get to zero, to me.

When you fully cross, if you haven't yet, I think it's a more stable day to day experience.

You can go to a PT right now and ask them for a half hour of stuff for a taperer to do.

strength + resilience