• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fr...]

• [Du...]

• [Su...]

• [dr...]

If you’re having issues or tolerance / paradoxical effects with Valium would a change to Librium help if you haven’t used before? I find V revs me up, causes too much of a wack and then rebound anxiety whereas I heard Librium is a bit milder?

If you’re having issues or tolerance / paradoxical effects with Valium would a change to Librium help if you haven’t used before?

Probably not. If benzos are cousins (cross-tolerant) then Valium and Librium are brothers.

Thanks for the advice outis :)

Going thru a rough patch and just trying to work out the best plan of attack.

Looks like it might just be pushing thru on the V if that’s the case.

I was on librax 3x a day. No issues at all. Librax has Librium.

A failed taper and I ended up with blistering fatigue and ended up on Ativan then crossed over to Valium.

To me Librax was like taking candy compared to Valium. I wished I had found BB when I was tapering Librium I would be healed by now.

So in my opinion.  Yes there was a HUGE difference in Librium and Valium in the way I felt.

A failed taper and I ended up with blistering fatigue and ended up on Ativan then crossed over to Valium.

To me Librax was like taking candy compared to Valium. I wished I had found BB when I was tapering Librium I would be healed by now.

So in my opinion.  Yes there was a HUGE difference in Librium and Valium in the way I felt.

Caltn,

What were the differences you experienced in the way you felt on librium to valium? I'm finding valium really depressing so wondered if it had that effect on you and librium didn't.

Cheers

Staz

10mg Valium = 25mg Librium

Unless you're on a high dose, you could switch immediately.

Should be easy, though I don't see the upside.

Huge difference for me too. The rapid onset of valium causes me so many nasty side effects. I am also A rapid metabolizer of V. Librium felt like a breath of fresh air after what I experienced taking Valium.

If you’re having issues or tolerance / paradoxical effects with Valium would a change to Librium help if you haven’t used before? I find V revs me up, causes too much of a wack and then rebound anxiety whereas I heard Librium is a bit milder?

Same rapid onset hits me fast and revs me up causing anxiety.

Thank you for sharing. Yes HUGE difference for me too. Why do you think you had a failed taper on Librax? Tapering to quickly?

Hey caltn- sorry to hear I feel your pain. IF I’d known all my symptoms were WD I wouldn’t be back on them and here either. It’s hard to think about, eso being so tired anxious and in pain all the time that you can hardly do anything. Hindsight hey...

So you found Librium much milder then? Prob no good to swap to if you’re now on V?

Meaning Librium felt better correct?

Thank you for sharing. Yes HUGE difference for me too. Why do you think you had a failed taper on Librax? Tapering to quickly?

Yes I didn't know how to taper, actually my gastro doctor told me to just stop taking my Librax. Doctors have hurt so many  people ..  I actually tapered down to one 5 mg pill , tried to stop there but didn't work. Since Librax comes in a capsule I then tried to half the capsule. I did this until most of my withdrawals went away then I jumped. My legs would shake for hours for two months then came the blistering fatigue.

I was at work one night and it hit me like ton of brick. I didn't know what was going on cause I didn't know about BB. I make a doctors visit to my internal medicine doctor and told him everything .

He put me on Ativan for a month.... Big Big mistake

Anyway that's how I ended up on Valium trying to taper from the damage the Ativan did. I was having panic attacks from the Ativan.

My doctor wants me to go over to Librium as well.... but how does one taper down on it when it comes in capsules only? Do u guys empty out the capsules and weigh them out with a jewelers scale? Seems really hard

Hey Dub

Gardener99 has a liquid titration on her blog for L. I think it is on page 5. I am trying not to stress myself to much about the taper yet because I am so unstable stress just makes it worse. I figure I could always weigh the powder from 5mg pills into 1mg increments. 1mg of L equals .4mg V. I like to Daily micro taper with out liquid so I will probably use my scale and reduce a smidge of powder each day. If you come up with better options let me know.

When I look up Librium tablets on google image, it shows Librium in tablet form. Is that fake? Or has the tablets been discontinued or not available in the states?

I was going to look into this more. Someone else on here told me he had tablets but he was not in the US. If we could find tablets that would be amazing.

Ate younin the US Dub?

I was going to look into this more. Someone else on here told me he had tablets but he was not in the US. If we could find tablets that would be amazing.

Ate younin the US Dub?

Yes I am in San Francisco, do you know who makes the actual brand Librium? I wonder why they decided to make them in capsule form, so annoying lol. I’m curious to know what it looks like inside the capsules, is it powder or Tiny beads? I tapered off Effexor in the past and it was capsule, but inside the capsule was tiny beads and I removed a few beads from the capsule every day and put the capsule back together, it was actually even easier than dry cutting.

It would also be hard for me to do a cross taper over to Librium since I only take .125 k twice a day.... would need someone to help me out with the math.

Ate younin the US Dub?

Yes I am in San Francisco, do you know who makes the actual brand Librium? I wonder why they decided to make them in capsule form, so annoying lol. I’m curious to know what it looks like inside the capsules, is it powder or Tiny beads? I tapered off Effexor in the past and it was capsule, but inside the capsule was tiny beads and I removed a few beads from the capsule every day and put the capsule back together, it was actually even easier than dry cutting.

Perhaps post and ask someone. I believe it’s powder but I don’t want to take a chance of screwing up when I open it and losing some of the med. I need all I can get right now.

Yes that would be a little more challenging. You would do half your k dose so .125 split in two and then the other .125= 6.25L. I believe the smallest capsule is 5mgs. Then you could cross the rest of the way to 12.5L or dose 5mg L three times a day before your taper. Sounds a little challenging. Have you tried valium. Most people have no problem. I just can’t handle the fast onset or the short duraction of action. I am a fast metabolizer of V. It’s possible I would get used to it though.

does anyone know libriums duration of action.... I wonder if it’s as long as K or V. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find even simple info about Librium online.

I’ve tried Valium in the past but it made me feel dizzy.... almost nauseas. And I’m also afraid of the Valium depression everyone talks about.

does anyone know libriums duration of action.... I wonder if it’s as long as K or V. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find even simple info about Librium online.

5 to 30 hours according to wiki but it breaks down into other compounds with much longer half lifes.