Urgent help needed. From Jim Hawk or someone who can help with adverse reactions

[fu...]

Hey! A while ago I discovered that my other drug which I've tapered, Valdoxan, is not water soluble. In the light of this, I called the pharmacy and they made me a powder which has my current dose. Tonight was the first night I took the dose. I feel like I'm in some kind of hell. I woke 2 hours after falling asleep and I was hot all over. Also afraid. Also needed to move badly. I experienced the same thing I experienced when I took my very first SSRI ever. The. Very. Same. Thing.

I can put up with lots of crap, but this is just too much for me. What should I do? Dissolve the dose given by the pharmacy in water? Go back to my method? I'm freaking out so bad right now. It's like the worst kind of deja vu, but only it's real. The physical symptoms are also the same. The burning hot and cold sensation. The feelling that I will vomit soon.

Hi fuerza :smitten:

Can you share in very details how you took this med BEFORE you learnt that Valdoxan is not water soluble?

:hug:

Hi, Jim! Thank you for the fast response. I dissolved it with water. The pill is 25mg. I measured out 25ml of water with a syringe, crushed the pill in the water, let it dissolve for a while and then drew out 4.5ml with the syringe.

I feel like I went up in dose, rather than down. I thought about both options. My brain started feeling weird after taking the Valdoxan yesterday. I fell asleep, but woke 2 hours later with itches, akathisia, dopamine surge, fear etc. I had the exact same symptoms after my first dose of escitalopram.

I feel like I went up in dose

The way you described how you tapered Valdoxan made me think the dose you previously got in your body was completely insignifiant. For 2 reasons:

- Valdoxan is not soluble in water

- You took just a part (4.5 ml over 25 ml) of the solution and NOT the entire prepared solution. And when you tried to draw up 4.5 ml there might be nothing of the med in your syringe. Should you have needed the total volume and have poured the whole quantity in your mouth then dissolved or not the tablet will be totally used.

When you use the pharma prepared powder dose, you just took the total planned dose.

All that drives me to think that Valdoxan is not helping you. As symptoms seem to kick in with the new dose of Valdoxan, have you ever thought to just start to rapidly taper off Valdoxan?

I feel like I went up in dose

The way you described how you tapered Valdoxan made me think the dose you previously got in your body was completely insignifiant. For 2 reasons:

- Valdoxan is not soluble in water

- You took just a part (4.5 ml over 25 ml) of the solution and NOT the entire prepared solution. And when you tried to draw up 4.5 ml there might be nothing of the med in your syringe. Should you have needed the total volume and have poured the whole quantity in your mouth then dissolved or not the tablet will be totally used.

When you use the pharma prepared powder dose, you just took the total planned dose.

All that drives me to think that Valdoxan is not helping you. As symptoms seem to kick in with the new dose of Valdoxan, have you ever thought to just start to rapidly taper off Valdoxan?

Jim, you truly are a saviour around here. I may sound like a lamenting child, but I'm really distressed about the whole thing. I thought about the non solubility thing. I think I am getting something. Every time I've reduced, I've had WD. Different from benzo WD. Huge craving for nicotine and the WD didn't use to be as bad as benzo WD. However, this January I cut a small amount and hit a wall.

About the negative reaction thing. I've thought about this all day. I suspect you may be right. If a bigger dose gives me the same symptoms as an SSRI originally did, it means that it must rev me up. Also, it's melatonergic. I'm extremely sensitive to meds and have had bad experiences with synthetic melatonin even before the polydrugging. I must collect myself a bit and then make a decision about my taper.

Also, an unrelated question. I know that agomelatine increases dopamine, but I found conflicting evidence about Valium. Some say it reduces dopamine and others say Valium increases it. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you again, Jim! It's very consoling to have someone around who's actually a bit familiar with all this stuff.  :hug: