Legs - Jelly, Weak, Random Pulsations

[ja...]

Hi...

I know some have reported about this, but not much information in the posts.

However I am about 11 months off of Benzo’s, with unfortunate rescue doses. I was stupid and really losing it. After an epidural month six, I’ve been on a massive decline. Worse than my initial withdraw.

Aside from much occipital pressure, neck pain, insomnia galore, tinnitus, burning brain.    On one day I worked building a shed, climbing up and down on ladders and rafters. The following day I did the same until finally that night I legs felt like I ran a marathon, and then had to ride a bike up a mountain. Not normal work out pain. Or weakness.

So the next day I’ve been walking like wobbly, with the queasiness in my legs, a bit in my arms too. It literally feels like I got multiple sclerosis overnight.

Since then I think it took about 3 to 4 days to where they felt a little bit better. I think I did a couple Epsom salt baths two.

Problem now is that if I use them again, I go right back to having these jelly legs with  The queasiness feeling, very wobbly and weak.

Factors to consider. I’m curious if anyone else has gotten an epidural injection with dexamethasone &, Propofol...

I’ve noticed a few people with jelly legs also got epidurals during their benzo life.

Either way I’d like to hear from you  if you had jelly legs like this?

Thank you

HI Jasper, yes , I get jelly legs quite a lot ... I've had walking difficulty most of my taper .  I'm afraid I can;t relate it to an epidural though. I can only imagine that it was an extra stress on your body and that's what brought it on .

I expect it will pass , I hope so ,

MiYu

I just posted a question on the forum asking about this. I just started on klonopin from a taper off xanax and noticed weakness in my joints specifically my legs and fingers. But since you have been off benzos for so long idk if it could be related. Maybe something else is happening?

• 2 weeks later...
This is how I know it is Benzo withdrawals. My legs start to ache when a wave hits, then they get weak and then they do that spastic pulsating (no continuous rythym) where there are pops like Rice Krispies. Then it tapers.  My SI Joint also gets extremely screwed up.  So after having just been through all awful wave, I am back trying to build up mobility and strength yet again. Can’t run even though I was running for almost a month.  This really really sucks.

• 11 months later...

WOW.

WOW, WOW, WOW.

This is EXACTLY how my limbs feel...SO EXACT that it is actually spooky. I have described it exactly, precisely thusly.

"So the next day I’ve been walking like wobbly, with the queasiness in my legs, a bit in my arms too. It literally feels like I got multiple sclerosis overnight.

Since then I think it took about 3 to 4 days to where they felt a little bit better. I think I did a couple Epsom salt baths two.

Problem now is that if I use them again, I go right back to having these jelly legs with  The queasiness feeling, very wobbly and weak."

It literally feels WOBBLY, WEAK...QUEASY. You are the only other person I have heard/read/seen describe it that way. So, although I am SO sorry to hear that you are suffering in the same way I am, I do find a small modicum of comfort knowing that it is indeed within the realm of WD "normal" -- as if ANYTHING in this bastard is "normal". AS IF. HA!

Thank you for sharing your experience and know that it IS WD...and, like everything else about this infernal horror, IT WILL EVENTUALLY PASS...and WE WILL HEAL.'

Much love to you.

xoxo

Edited to add: I just realized that you posted in September of LAST year...not this. Hopefully you are ALL HEALED by now or at least well on your way! Check back in and let us know how go the limbs!