One year off

[Th...]

It was year ago I took my last pill of Librium. At the time I slept only 2-4 hours broken sleep and I was hardly able to walk between bed and kitchen. I had lot of internal tremor in my head and torso. I could not take naps because I always woke up with shaking and felt awful. I was sometimes able to walk around the block and do some basic things but I was more or less housebound. I took propranol every evening in order to manage my internal tremor. I quit my work at the time I tapered in order to rest and allow my nervous system calm. My internal tremors are almost totally gone but I still sometimes feel them when I wake up in the morning or after I take nap.

Now one year later my sleep is already quite ok. I sleep 7-8 hours and I do not consider insomnia as a major problem anymore. I can go ouside and do basic things like walking with the dog, go shops and cinema. I have also done some physical work like cleaning, painting, house maintenance and sometimes I have lunch or dinner with my friends in the restaurant.

I’m not done but I still have paresthesias in my hands and fingertips, my fine motor skills are poor and sometimes I feel shaky and dizziness. I’m still weak but not as weak I was one year ago. My weakness is mainly in my arms so lifting heavy objects gives me shaky feeling. My muscles do not hurt too much anymore but I have rigidity in my arms. It is difficult for me to do basic things llke put butter to my sandwich as my muscles starts hurting immediatelly and I feel tension in my muscles. At this point of time I wonder if my remaning symptoms are wd driven or do I have strange neurological disease causing all thease thigs I have mentioned here. I really appreciate comments concerning my present symptoms.

Well, things are much better than year ago but I think I still have long way to go. I hope my remaining symptoms are benzo wd driven and one day they will disappear. Because of the symptoms I still have I have some anxiety and it takes lot of energy. I think I would recover quite fast if my remaining symptoms would disapear or lessen. I know only time will tell. I try to be positive and look forward but I’m still hopeless every now and then. I thought I would be better one year off but this seems to take lot of time.

Thanks to all of you about the post here in BB as I have got lot of good information, I have been able to get support and encouragement. Thanks about reading! T.

Congratulations on 1 year benzo free Thomas. A huge accomplishment on your part! Am so happy you’re heading in the direction of recovery. Hope and pray you will continue to get better and better each day and attain full healing and recovery soon!

Sending hugs, heartfelt prayers and more healing your way!

Blessings!

Pi

This is truly great!  I am happy for you :smitten:.

I am almost 1 yr off.  Have been in a bad/long wave. 

Hope this is the one- wave right before the final healing, as others say :angel:

It was year ago I took my last pill of Librium. At the time I slept only 2-4 hours broken sleep and I was hardly able to walk between bed and kitchen. I had lot of internal tremor in my head and torso. I could not take naps because I always woke up with shaking and felt awful. I was sometimes able to walk around the block and do some basic things but I was more or less housebound. I took propranol every evening in order to manage my internal tremor. I quit my work at the time I tapered in order to rest and allow my nervous system calm. My internal tremors are almost totally gone but I still sometimes feel them when I wake up in the morning or after I take nap.

Now one year later my sleep is already quite ok. I sleep 7-8 hours and I do not consider insomnia as a major problem anymore. I can go ouside and do basic things like walking with the dog, go shops and cinema. I have also done some physical work like cleaning, painting, house maintenance and sometimes I have lunch or dinner with my friends in the restaurant.

I’m not done but I still have paresthesias in my hands and fingertips, my fine motor skills are poor and sometimes I feel shaky and dizziness. I’m still weak but not as weak I was one year ago. My weakness is mainly in my arms so lifting heavy objects gives me shaky feeling. My muscles do not hurt too much anymore but I have rigidity in my arms. It is difficult for me to do basic things llke put butter to my sandwich as my muscles starts hurting immediatelly and I feel tension in my muscles. At this point of time I wonder if my remaning symptoms are wd driven or do I have strange neurological disease causing all thease thigs I have mentioned here. I really appreciate comments concerning my present symptoms.

Well, things are much better than year ago but I think I still have long way to go. I hope my remaining symptoms are benzo wd driven and one day they will disappear. Because of the symptoms I still have I have some anxiety and it takes lot of energy. I think I would recover quite fast if my remaining symptoms would disapear or lessen. I know only time will tell. I try to be positive and look forward but I’m still hopeless every now and then. I thought I would be better one year off but this seems to take lot of time.

Thanks to all of you about the post here in BB as I have got lot of good information, I have been able to get support and encouragement. Thanks about reading! T.

That is so great Thomas.  I know you still have some issues but you have come so far....the ease or the other sxs will come too, quickly I hope.  You are a wonderful friend to us all .  Congratulations  :smitten: :smitten: :balloon: :balloon:💚💙💜. Love, Mary

Congratulations Thomas!! I am so happy for you, 1 year is a great milestone with only better things ahead; those last symptoms will resolve any day and I wish you the best!

This is a big anniversary....congratulations! May the rest of your healing go well. It takes time but one by one the symptoms will fade. You can do it!

Warmly,

Carita

Thanks to everyone about your kind words!  After one year I know time heals but need to have more time. Well, hopefully healing takes place sooner than later for all of us!