Author Topic: switching genic brands of pills anyone else have problems with this  (Read 539 times)

[Buddie]

Re: switching genic brands of pills anyone else have problems with this
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 12:14:08 am »
what do you mean just stop making benzos ?   the pharma companies ?   The first such drug, chlordiazepoxide (Librium), was discovered accidentally by Leo Sternbach in 1955, and made available in 1960 by Hoffmann–La Roche, which, since 1963, has also marketed the benzodiazepine diazepam (Valium). In 1977 benzodiazepines were globally the most prescribed medications. more then 40 years
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 12:30:01 am »
what do you mean just stop making benzos ?   the pharma companies ?   The first such drug, chlordiazepoxide (Librium), was discovered accidentally by Leo Sternbach in 1955, and made available in 1960 by Hoffmann–La Roche, which, since 1963, has also marketed the benzodiazepine diazepam (Valium). In 1977 benzodiazepines were globally the most prescribed medications. more then 40 years

What I mean is that mylan stopped producing clonazepam that I take so yes the pharma companies.  They were either produced by hoffman la roche or mylan but all I know is that I can’t get Mylan clonazepam ANYMORE EVER but they still make Xanax and Valium which makes no sense at all.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 03:06:46 am »
ya i understand  that sucks alot mylan no longer makes ativan either

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 12:33:43 am »
Jumpman:  I agree with Ethan.  If there is a variation by a small percentage in the amount of the benzo in the drug, then you will stabilize to the base line that you
were previously.  But, it sounds like you are having symptoms because of tolerance.  In your case, if you can hold and then begin to  taper without feeling much worse,
then you are healing.

After 2 mg of clonazepam for 18 years and in acute withdrawal, I can say for certainty, that I am feeling fewer symptoms as I am pushing downward and now at
about 4% of 1 mg.  Yes, every day is rough but not so much more than when I discovered the drug was causing the symptoms. 

You might want to check out the section in Ashton's Manual on tolerance withdrawal.  This section is in her Supplement.  She says in there  "one never stabilizes on a given dose" and "True recovery cannot really start until the drug is out of the system".  So, I'm thinking, why put off the inevitable. 

Wishing you all the best in your recovery.