Valium stimulating

[Fr...]

I am doing my cross over from k to v. Per Ashton on step 2. The night dose is all V. The more v I take the more stimulating it is making me.

The valium comes on fast within 20mins and gives a euphoric feeling but very quickly it turns to anxiety and obsessive thoughts I can’t stop. It really revs up my nervous system and makes me want to crawl out of my skin. This doesn’t seem to be a withdrawal effect but a side effect or something the way I am reacting to V. I took an extra 1mg v on top of my k for the afternoon dose yesterday and today. To see how I would react and same thing as night time. Sleep is getting worse from the v being so stimulating during the day. It wears off just an hour or so before I need to take my nighttime dose to try and go to sleep then stimulates me again.

I don’t want to keep crossing if obviously I am not reacting well. Has anyone had this experience when starting? I have read on here it seems to have something to do with how quick v onsets and then has a rebound effect because of how it hits the dopamine for some people.

I am doing my cross over from k to v. Per Ashton on step 2. The night dose is all V. The more v I take the more stimulating it is making me.

The valium comes on fast within 20mins and gives a euphoric feeling but very quickly it turns to anxiety and obsessive thoughts I can’t stop. It really revs up my nervous system and makes me want to crawl out of my skin. This doesn’t seem to be a withdrawal effect but a side effect or something the way I am reacting to V. I took an extra 1mg v on top of my k for the afternoon dose yesterday and today. To see how I would react and same thing as night time. Sleep is getting worse from the v being so stimulating during the day. It wears off just an hour or so before I need to take my nighttime dose to try and go to sleep then stimulates me again.

I don’t want to keep crossing if obviously I am not reacting well. Has anyone had this experience when starting? I have read on here it seems to have something to do with how quick v onsets and then has a rebound effect because of how it hits the dopamine for some people.

Hi Jen,

Having been on V from the start I don't notice any reaction at all tbh. I've not heard of any benzo being stimulating but hopefully someone who's crossed from K to V will give you their view.

Staz

Can anyone else help? Valium seems to be sluggish to the body but stimulating to the mind. I have only switch over my night time dose and so can not fall asleep until about 5 hours after taking it. Tonight I took a little more later around 11 thinking so needed more and it is just keeping me awake longer. Perhaps I am crossing to to much V. I was going for 12 mg because I was in such tolerance to k and in such a bad spot but since I had cut down to .4 k before the updose at the generic change maybe I need more like 8 v. Someone please share advice or your experiences. I may be just need to switch off V but I am at a lose what to do.

I am in step 2 of Ashton cross all v at night. My doses are .158mg k @7am .158mg k @2:30p 3.83v @ 9:30pm

Over the 2 decades I was on Valium prior to trying to stop it always made me feel stimulated. More awake and able to concentrate.

Looking back a I wonder if it was just making me feel ‘better’ because I was in withdrawal between doses.

When a I got off completely last year (before the cuts caught up with me and all heel broke loose) I felt like I had come up from being under water for years and that the anxiety I had had fro decades went away along with the constant ‘fake arguments’ I had with people who pissed me off. So for years I would have pretend arguments with Drs or my mother etc - I would literally talk out loud to them even if they weren’t there feeling an incredible sense of despair and frustration that they don’t get how ill I have felt for 22 years.

All of that WENT AWAY.

Then I had to reinstate and woke up on first day after taking the diazepam again with terrible anxiety and the anger, frustration and fake arguments have started up again.

It really is amazing that so much of what we think of as our ‘self’ is just brain chemistry.

So you think it was from the Valium causing more anxiety? The more Valium I take the more stimulating it is. It causes very tight muscles with very stimulating mind. I am just in the middle of doing my doing my cross over now and it doesn’t seem to be a good drug for me.

I do think the diazepam has been causing a particular kind of anxiety for decades.

When off completely I had complete terror and despair which has not entirely abated despite reinstatement but it is qualitatively different to the anxiety I had on the drug.

The diazepam anxiety has a particular quality to it.

Yes!

What I struggle to work out is, if the glutamate is the real danger with all of this, then when is it highest?

So- take dose = GABA. Brain tries to adjust by pumping out glutamate, diazepam starts to wear off = worse symptoms but then after a while the symptoms decrease.

If then leave it too long brain ‘hiss’/ sloshing/ whooshing and Withdrawal anxiety feeling gets worse.

So is it causing more harm immediately after it starts to wear off when squeezing etc is worse or later once the other symptoms start to kick in which are then calmed again by taking next dose and putting brain through it all again?